USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#376: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:35 pm
    ----
P-O
TURNHOUT
Private collection
M4(105) Sherman USA/BEL std “Joe Dope;” Runner

Had a short talk with some of the crew in May last year when they where in Brasschaat. Only had a few minutes, so I asked the wrong questions. It will be corrected in the next version.

Durbuy: They are new to me, looking at the pictures that guy has a lot off courage. Seems strange to me that the museum sold those wrecks, usualy getting a single bold from them is a hell off a job (and I work for them).

That RSO is also new to me but I'm sure that isn't the last one out there.

Michel

#377: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:29 am
    ----
- Tanklord
Just found one that's not on the list. In front of the LAARNG armory in Abbeville, LA is a M114. I will stop by in 2 weeks and get serial numbers. I was told it may be put in a local museum since that guard unit, 2/156 Inf, will be light infantry, no longer mech.

Good luck on getting any useful numbers off a Lingle. I don't think we have found any numbers on the exterior that can be trusted to mean anything

#378: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:50 pm
    ----
there is (most probably, I'm not sure, it 's hard to tell), a RSO Ost at Ecaussinnes (Hainaut) :

P-O

#379: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: sapper141 PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:19 pm
    ----
Neil
You can add 2 CDN M113a2's to the Canada list, they are located at the memorial in front of the Legion in Drayton Valley, Alberta, Canada. They were dropped off there in November 08.
Couldn't get close to get SN's But I did get pictures of the I.D. numbers if that helps.
Seeya Sapper141

#380: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:47 pm
    ----
Neil,

probably not very soon, except for this one : I just found that the M3 Lee is for sure no more at Brussels (not seen when I visited the museum) but either in Kappellen or Vissenaken.

P-O

#381: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:36 pm
    ----
I knew this would happen of course Wink

P-O, do you expect more updates shortly?

Neil

#382: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:11 pm
    ----
some minor additions/corrections to the register :

TURNHOUT
Private collection
M4(105) Sherman USA/BEL std “Joe Dope;” Runner

"Joe Dope" was formerly owned by a French guy, who owns the Jeepest store (http://www.jeepest.com/), it was sold very recently. So I'm not sure the "USA/BEL" is justified in this case.

BASTOGNE
Bastogne Historical Center, Colline du Mardasson (N50 00.624 E005 44.340)
G-13 Hetzer DEU/CSK/CHE out
M5 Stuart turret USA out

The G-13 is now inside and it was repainted.
It seems to me that the turret is from an M5A1 Stuart.. (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569237811ZrZubM)

Also there are some Fireflys missing :

DURBUY (Luxembourg region)
Private owner (Thierry Destine)
M4A? Sherman wreck (only the bottom hull, very badly damaged)
Achilles hull (very badly damaged too)
M4A? hull (badly damaged)
M4 composite hull (seems to be in good condition)
M4A1 hull (unknown condition)
M4A? Firefly hull (seems to be in quite good condition)
M4 (75) turret (missing gun)

photos to be found here : http://the.shadock.free.fr/photos/durbuy/

Apparently, the guy wants to keep these wrecks in order to restore at least some of them (the others will be very difficult to restore), to display them in a museum. A friend of mine asked to buy at least one hull and the owner refused the offer.

the tanks are practice targets from the Elsenborn fire range, Belgium
(information and photos from Dirk Van Ooteghem)

to be continued...

P-O

#383: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:17 am
    ----
FYI, there is now a Belgium AFV Register - lead by Michel van Loon with my help. See the first page.

Neil

#384: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:16 pm
    ----
Neil

Something old, but I can't find it in the register
M3A3 Stuart at the VFW in Minerva, OH
groups.yahoo.com/group...ssage/2621

Michel

#385: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:56 am
    ----
Neil

Another "new" M60 at the Texas armory in Rosenberg, Texas
Pictures; groups.yahoo.com/group...6/pic/list
According the one who posted them its witout the engine and is on loan from Camp Mabry in Austin, Texas

Michel

#386: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:14 am
    ----
What you see is all there was. I assume those are both Panthers, just wondering if its gone to the recycling 'dweeb'.

Interesting though
Don

#387: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:54 pm
    ----
Don,
I'll have to take a look at my photos. Any chance this one was marked with "FMCV" and a number?

Neil

#388: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:53 pm
    ----
Neil

Any idea what happened to this Panther (or the one in the background??)

Don

#389: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:06 am
    ----
Piney,

according to Rudi Ehninger, "The vehicle there was captured in Lybia in 1943 and sent to Aberdeen for evaluation. It is a wheel cum track machine!

End of the 80s this example were handed over to the WTS-Collection together with the SdKfz 231. While the 231 was perfectly restored, the SdKfz 254 still waits for restoration. It is in storage and wasn't presented to the public since then."

P-O

#390: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:32 am
    ----
here is a thirty year old picture of the Aberdeen one

sorry for the poor quality but it's a digital photo of the original slide

Piney

-> AFV News Discussion Board