M48 Shillelagh prototype
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:06 pm
    ----
I have to admit it was me.............I live in Louisville, that was just a roadtrip to see the Fort.....I know almost nothing about the postwar Armor but I see lots of it in my travels. My real interests is in Fortifications, WWII and earlier armor and artillery.
I live close to Fort Knox/Patton Museum so if anyone wants/needs any pictures from there I would be happy to take them...might take me a while but i go there every once in a while.
I keep a list of WWI (1900-1920) artillery with Dick Pope and always looking for additions to the list, it has about 1400 guns listed at this point....
this is a great site, glad I found it...nice people

#32: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:20 pm
    ----
Question: What is this beast? (and would the next person to go out there, please take a weedwacker?!)

#33: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:30 pm
    ----
I believe this to be a Gun, Dual, Automatic, 40-mm, M2; Mount, Gun, Twin, 40-mm, M4 on a Carriage, Motor, Twin, 40-mm, M19 as seen on pages 30-31 of TM9-2300 dated May 1949. i can be wrong about this, some of you guys will know if I am....

#34: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:40 pm
    ----
Wow...based on the M24 Chaffee....learn something new every day here...Thanks!

#35: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:46 pm
    ----
yes, it is the M19 (M19A1). built on the M24 chassis. i know for a fact doug that this one is still in use, used by her majesty of sorts "queen bee". a nest of bees lives in the ammo bin at 5'oclock. i know! i found them this summer when i was snooping around the turret.

funny thing is they just repainted these vehicles within the year. ashame to have them rusting away like this.

#36: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:47 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2

I live close to Fort Knox/Patton Museum so if anyone wants/needs any pictures from there I would be happy to take them...might take me a while but i go there every once in a while.

Hey Dontos, need any Pictures from Ft Knox Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry Armyjunk2 you sort of walked right in front of the muzzle of that one. Dontos is a key volunteer at the museum (ask him to see his pride and joy). If you are at all interested contact him and he could get you started as a volunteer there.

#37: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:54 pm
    ----
Louisville to detroit would be a long drive.....

#38: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:24 pm
    ----
Detroit?? I meant Ft Knox, the Patton Museum. That is where Dontos is. There are a couple other list members in the area also.
www.com-central.net/in...pic&t=4512

#39: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:24 pm
    ----
thanks Bob, maybe Dontos would have time to show me the LST building and warehouse collections?? I I volunteered there years ago, mid 80's

#40: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:36 pm
    ----
armyjunk2, we had an afvnews d/g "convention" at the patton museum this past memorial day. you werent aware of the site at the time, but might you have been at the museum at all that weekend?

#41: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:34 pm
    ----
i missed that, but maybe next time I will know about it ahead of time..

#42: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:04 am
    ----
- SHAWN
armyjunk2, we had an afvnews d/g "convention" at the patton museum this past memorial day. you werent aware of the site at the time, but might you have been at the museum at all that weekend?

Uh...like this shot?

...And then this one...

You are welcome to contact me. Although I am humbled by some of my 'fans' on this DG. Cool

#43: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:10 am
    ----
....an' let's not forgit this'un....

...and this "flashback" shot Laughing

#44: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:14 am
    ----
and let's not forget

didnt this gentleman say "let me see your war face!!!"
he should have been outside the gates at the LST bldg that sunday morning

#45: Re: M48 Shillelagh prototype Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:55 pm
    ----
Dontos you like this kind of stuff 9th Marine expeditionary Brigade, Dnang 9Mar65

-> AFV News Discussion Board