Excellent Documentary on DVD
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Excellent Documentary on DVD Author: J.McGillivray PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:49 am
    ----
I bought an excellent documentary on DVD yesterday, covering the US Army advances through Germany in the final months of the Second World War. It is entitled “Embedded ‘45�.

www.shoppbs.org/sm-pbs...63217.html

www.amazon.ca/Embedded...B000FSLMFY

It starts with Operation Grenade in Feb. 1945 and presents film footages shot by US Army cameramen in chronological order coving the US Army advances through Germany until the end of the War. There is a detailed narration which places the shots in their proper context and includes information about the Army units involved, the locations and the cameramen. There are many shots showing equipment and vehicles like M4s, M12s, M26s, high speed tractors etc.

I believe that this is the same documentary which has being shown in Canada on History Television under the title “When the War Came to Germany�. It states on the back cover of the DVD that History Television, Canada was involved in its production.

I have no connection to this DVD. I just found it to be excellent and thought that others may also find it to be of interest.

-> AFV News Discussion Board