Environmental pack update, comments please
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:39 pm
    ----
As time progresses things get better or ..............................

Anyways, as we could not let it rest, we have tinkered around a lil bit more and are on the brink of releasing an update for the Environmental pack.

One of the biggest changes is the water appearance, here some screenies for you fella's to shoot at ! Laughing

www.com-central.net/us...ter/w1.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...ter/w6.jpg

Below the pic there is a direct link to the full shot at 1600x1200 32bit

Feel free to comment and voice your preference for wich water colour you like best

Thankx in advance

fled
Cool

Last edited by Uhu_Fledermaus on Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:06 pm
    ----
Personnally I like the second one Fled. They look great.

#3: Re: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:26 pm
    ----
Second one looks much better to me.

#4: Re: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:38 pm
    ----
Second one. Looks nice Fled.

#5: Re: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:39 pm
    ----
Guess it depends what coast you're from or like better. The first one reminds me more of the glorious and superior Pacific (greenish tint to the water) while the second one reminds me of the cruddy, icky, much more inferior Atlantic (greyish blue). Depending on the time of year and how far out off the coast you are I guess...at least here in the US.

Although the wave textures in the first one seem a bit overkill off in the distance.

#6: Re: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:47 am
    ----
Very nice!!! I can't wait for the file!!

#7: Re: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: RCAF_Spanky PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:26 am
    ----
can you do someting inbetween? lol

#8: Re: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:42 am
    ----
At first, I'm tempted to say #2, but then those greenish shades on #1 are not bad at all as well, so I can't decide - what the majority says will be good to me.

Marco

#9: Re: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:03 am
    ----
Just a suggestion - A comparison picture from slightly higher altitude, during daylight, may be more revealing. It's a little hard to say how happy everyone would be with either in the majority of circumstances, although they both look promising!

#10: Re: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:34 am
    ----
Wink

Later on today I'll make some more screenies from another point of view and with danw day and dusk timimg, so we can swollow the comments Laughing

also before releasing this to the general crowd I need some guinee piggies ( no offence to our fine swine friends, just a matter of speach so to say Wink )

fled
Cool

#11: Re: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:06 pm
    ----

As promised, here some other views from higher up at DAWN, MIDDAY and DUSK

Links are added under each pic for the full size expirience Laughing
size 1600x1200 32bit

DAWN

www.com-central.net/us.../ddawn.jpg

www.com-central.net/us.../Ldawn.jpg

MIDDAY

www.com-central.net/us...2/dmid.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...2/Lmid.jpg

DUSK

www.com-central.net/us.../ddusk.jpg

www.com-central.net/us.../Ldusk.jpg

Let's hear it ...... Laughing

fled
Cool

#12: Re: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:35 pm
    ----
OK, you reversed the order with the second batch of screenies, but I still prefer the darker/more bluish one (first one in second batch).

#13: Re: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:43 pm
    ----
Decidedly #1 - previously #2 - that is, the blueish one Mr. Green

Marco

#14: Re: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: Hangman PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:49 pm
    ----
blueish one for me to...green one is just a bit off somehow...might be the way my screen shows it I dunno...

#15: Re: Environmental pack update, comments please Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:56 pm
    ----
OK they both look good. Personally I prefer, only by a very sight margin, the greenish water. But that's just me, and maybe for sentimental reasons anyway. They're both excellent.

On the topic of the Environment Pack ....Fled, if you're going to make an update to the Envi Pack can I make a request?

I don't know what file it is that controls it, but one thing the Envi Pack does is increase - greatly - the luminence (brightness, if you will) of the colors. They are much brighter and "over driven" than in real life. While this looks great for some bare-metal aircraft, the effect on painted aircraft, especially white paint, is very very pronounced, to the point I turn the Envi Pack off if I want to fly a white or painted plane for a lengthy time or take screenshots of one.

I've tried messing with the envmap.bmp file, which seems to control the overall amount of dynamic shine or reflection and gloss, but even reverting to the stock one when the Envi Pack is enabled doesn't do the trick so I think it's another file and that my issue isn't with the envmap.bmp file itself.

Do you know the file and if possible, maybe two (even three) variants could be included? If it's just some file with different Alpha channels in use, I'd even be happy to edit the alpha layers with different grayscale levels to do some experimenting....

-> FS2004