M42 interesting maintenance shot
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M42 interesting maintenance shot Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:52 pm
    ----

#2: Re: M42 interesting maintenance shot Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:37 pm
    ----
Cool

Any Idea what unit and when photo was taken?

My Dad has many photos when he did several missions with some M42's in 65-66.

Don

#3: Re: M42 interesting maintenance shot Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:11 am
    ----
hello don,
first, any possibility you could share copies of your dads pics with me?
what unit was he with?

as far as this duster, i believe it is one belonging to the 5/2 which was out of long binh. the patton is probably with the 2/34. i was searching thru pics for the 1/5 (25th inf.) 5/2 is the only dusters i know that where in their a.o. during that period (66-67). dont quote me on anything...
shawn

#4: Re: M42 interesting maintenance shot Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:18 am
    ----
- SHAWN
hello don,
first, any possibility you could share copies of your dads pics with me?
what unit was he with?

as far as this duster, i believe it is one belonging to the 5/2 which was out of long binh. the patton is probably with the 2/34. i was searching thru pics for the 1/5 (25th inf.) 5/2 is the only dusters i know that where in their a.o. during that period (66-67). dont quote me on anything...
shawn

Shawn

I've asked him scan his photos / Slides and email them to me or burn them all on disk. He was with 1st Cav Div 'DIVARTY' in 65-66. As an FDC/FAO he ran around with a number of different units.

I'll let you know if I get them.

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board