Squirrels gone wild
-> Officer's Club

#1: Squirrels gone wild Author: SpostaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:36 am
    ----
I hear Shades is having ISP problems.
Coincidence? I think not. Wink

ASSOCIATED PRESS

3:27 p.m. September 28, 2006

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CALIFORNIA – The city plans to start trapping and killing aggressive tree squirrels following a spate of attacks on people, including a young boy who was scratched and bitten last week.

Over the next three weeks, the city will set tube-like traps in the trees of Cuesta Park and euthanize captured squirrels “in a humane way,� said David Muela, Mountain View's community services director.

But wildlife advocates oppose the unusual measure and say it won't solve the problem.

“The squirrels will be back,� South Bay wildlife rehabilitator Norma Campbell said. “For every one you take out, two more will come in. It could be a never-ending project that isn't going to accomplish anything.�

In recent months, the city has received reports that Cuesta Park squirrels had scratched several visitors and bitten at least three.

Officials say the animals have been jumping inside baby strollers, opening food bags and even scratching people as they seek a handout. They say the increasingly brazen behavior stems from years of being fed by park visitors.

Last week's attack on 4-year-old Andrew Packard prompted officials to take action. The preschooler has received rabies shots and taken powerful antibiotics after the squirrel repeatedly bit and scratched him as he ran through the park screaming.

Earlier this week, signs were posted in Cuesta Park warning visitors to beware of the creatures. Officials are enforcing regulations against feeding wildlife and increasing park patrols.

#2: Re: Squirrels gone wild Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:47 am
    ----
following a spate of attacks on people, including a young boy who was scratched and bitten last week.

LOL Shades, have mercy on the poor lads will ya?...lol

#3: Re: Squirrels gone wild Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:28 pm
    ----
someone forgot to give shades his medicine again!

#4: Re: Squirrels gone wild Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:31 pm
    ----
He's probably going stirr crazy looking for his nutsz again ! lmao ! Laughing

#5: Re: Squirrels gone wild Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:57 pm
    ----
lmao fled! ive got shades nuts ya wanna buy em? sellin em dirt cheap Wink

#6: Re: Squirrels gone wild Author: sweets PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:19 pm
    ----
oh my you guys Shocked Mr. Green i bet Shadys got all the nuts he needs an more. i miss him sure hope he gets his problem worked out soon. an Hi guys Twisted Evil

#7: Re: Squirrels gone wild Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:00 pm
    ----
DAMN ISP!!!
Been offline since Tuesday (at home)!

“The squirrels will be back,� South Bay wildlife rehabilitator Norma Campbell said. “For every one you take out, two more will come in. It could be a never-ending project that isn't going to accomplish anything.�
You better believe it sister! Razz

- sweets
i bet Shadys got all the nuts he needs an more. i miss him sure hope he gets his problem worked out soon
That wuz sounding great until you told 'em all about my lil problem! Sad

Mr. Green Mr. Green

-> Officer's Club