M$ drop the ball again
-> Software

#1: M$ drop the ball again Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:16 am
    ----
LMAO @ M$
MICROSOFT is telling its selected gaming industry chaps that gaming under Vista will be ten to fifteen per cent slower than XP. It is because you have to load the 3D desktop all the time. It is ironic, as the same company tells the developers that the same API can do certain things up to four times faster.
We are preparing to check this claim but the really pesky thing is that you won’t be able to run DirectX 10 games on Windows XP at all. So even a game like Crysis - the first DirectX 10 title - won’t be that much of a DX 10. We are still far away from DirectX 10 only games but don’t be surprised as there is no single DirectX 10 card the market. This should change in the next few weeks, but we are still far away from mainstream and low end DirectX 10 cards.
Quote from "The Inquirer".

MORE HERE

#2: Re: M$ drop the ball again Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:09 am
    ----
- Shades
gaming under Vista will be ten to fifteen per cent slower than XP

Well they did it again

bunch of pricks !

Evil or Very Mad

#3: Re: M$ drop the ball again Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:13 am
    ----
Worst part is, I remember all the M$ hype from last year when they were stil justifying a new version of Windows as focusing more on the gaming community than any version since before '95.
And how the 'Ultimate' version (the most expensive) will be used almost exclusivley by gamers because it will be better than the other 'modules'.
Gotta wonder why they aren't just canning the whole lot and going back to the drawing board for the 2008 version, codenamed "Longskwirrell".

#4: Re: M$ drop the ball again Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:12 am
    ----
I think I'll be hangin' on to XP Pro a bit longer...:D

#5: Re: M$ drop the ball again Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:14 am
    ----
lol.
You n me both!

(and I don't even game that much these days. lol)

#6: Re: M$ drop the ball again Author: SpostaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:36 pm
    ----
Like my old grandpappy use to say: "Ifin' it aint broke yit, tinker wid it till it is."

#7: Re: M$ drop the ball again Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:16 am
    ----
- Sposta
Like my old grandpappy use to say: "Ifin' it aint broke yit, tinker wid it till it is."

Funny, mine always said "Don't think of yourself as an ugly person, but rather more of a pretty monkey". Not real sure what he meant by that.

#8: Re: M$ drop the ball again Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:24 pm
    ----
LOL @ Sposta n Steppy

-> Software