Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#136: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:13 am
    ----
Looking for interior photos of Pz.IV Ausf.J from this museum.

Can anybody help?

#137: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:18 am
    ----
Sorry, I don't have any interior pictures.

Doug got permission from the Museum and got some Pz IV's interiors. He posted a few shots here:
www.com-central.net/in...ic&t=11067

Maybe he has more pictures.

Hope it could help

Massimo

#138: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:52 am
    ----
Big thanks!

#139: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:01 am
    ----
The only Pz IV I could get access in my area is the one in Thun's Panzermuseum:
www.preservedtanks.com...4&Select=4

I plan to go there next year in spring. I could try to obtain permission to shot the interiors, but you should consider:

1) It's a military area and getting permissions could be very difficult
2) The tank is in very poor conditions, it miss tracks and has some Pz III wheels. I can imagine the interior isn't in a great shape either (I was told StuG III interior was pretty bad)
3) It's not going to happen before May 2011

If you think it may be worth for you, I will add this to my to-do list

Massimo

#140: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:13 am
    ----
I've started posting general shots of stuff in that museum on JED - I haven't finished yet but I have passed the 200 mark already...

#141: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:37 am
    ----
I covered more than 100 major artifacts myself (vehicles, artillery and planes) and I know for sure I've missed many. With 200 shots you just scratch the surface.

I would put this museum in the same class as Lesany and Cecchignola, very large, amazing collections that deserve more visibility.

Massimo

#142: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:13 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
The only Pz IV I could get access in my area is the one in Thun's Panzermuseum:
www.preservedtanks.com...p;Select=4

I plan to go there next year in spring. I could try to obtain permission to shot the interiors, but you should consider:

1) It's a military area and getting permissions could be very difficult
2) The tank is in very poor conditions, it miss tracks and has some Pz III wheels. I can imagine the interior isn't in a great shape either (I was told StuG III interior was pretty bad)
3) It's not going to happen before May 2011

If you think it may be worth for you, I will add this to my to-do list

Massimo

Interior in bad condition means that the vehicle was not used for the last many years. So the chance that it is preserved in original condition is higher.

I can wait for May 2011 because I have no other chanse to obtain images from that tank.

Thank you in advance.

#143: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:24 pm
    ----
- Koluchiy
Interior in bad condition means that the vehicle was not used for the last many years. So the chance that it is preserved in original condition is higher.

It could also missing many parts and be a victim of internal explosion (this seems the case for the StuG III in Thun).
Anyway, I'll take a note about it and see if next year I will be able to do anything. Just don't hold your breath, because getting permissions will not be easy.

Massimo

#144: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:21 pm
    ----
- Koluchiy

I agree, which is why it's my impression that the one in Bucharest is in original (if not complete) condition (recognizing that the turret is not original to the hull, either). I don't think either ever saw a single erg of energy expended toward preservation or restoration.

#145: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:03 pm
    ----
Here is the Luna:

Massimo

#146: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:06 pm
    ----
Hey, that rocket used to be white!

#147: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:09 pm
    ----
Looks like the whole beast was repainted. Painting on the hull was much better compared to what is visible on your pictures

Massimo

#148: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:34 pm
    ----
Move to something heavier, the R-11. This is really huge and the rocket in vertical position makes pretty hard to take a good portrait. You can see Doug's suggestion to go in winter to have less vegetation makes sense:

Massimo

#149: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:51 pm
    ----
Back to the MBT business. The TR-800:

Massimo

#150: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:58 pm
    ----
I really wish they'd not groom those shrubs to surround the Russian vehicles on all sides. Rolling Eyes

-> AFV News Discussion Board