Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#166: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:22 pm
    ----
Here is the plate from the FT-17:

Massimo

#167: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:09 pm
    ----
Massimo

about the Overloon FT-17, I do not have an plate however there is an painted number on the side of the tracks

Number: 788 18
The difference is only 53 numbers, makes you wonder Confused

Michel

#168: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:34 pm
    ----
Thanks Michel. I wonder how many other FT-17 have the plate. Maybe Pierre-Olivier could help, I guess is the one who have seen more FT-17s among us Smile

Massimo

#169: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:40 am
    ----
The FT-17:

Massimo

#170: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:28 pm
    ----
Renault R-35:

Massimo

#171: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:10 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Here is the plate from the FT-17:

Massimo

One of the three Renault FT owned by the Saumur Tank Museum has a plate with the following number : 6024.18

18 must be the year of production.

Pierre-Olivier

#172: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:17 pm
    ----
The FT at WTS Koblenz has the serial 1934.18

#173: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:21 pm
    ----
Still have the plate :

FT at Bovington
FT at El Goloso
FT at Parola

if someone could find pictures of the plates from these tanks..

Pierre-Olivier

#174: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:27 pm
    ----
Thanks for the info. I agree the 18 must be the production year.
Looks like the kind of information that could be worth additing to the PDF.

Massimo

#175: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:32 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Massimo

about the Overloon FT-17, I do not have an plate however there is an painted number on the side of the tracks

Number: 788 18
The difference is only 53 numbers, makes you wonder Confused

Michel

Michel,

you probably didn't look at the good place, because the manufacturer's plate is still present on the other side of the FT at Overloon.
Here you can see the plate behind the red sign :
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Overloon_Panzer_Renault_FT_17.jpg

P-O

#176: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:33 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Thanks for the info. I agree the 18 must be the production year.
Looks like the kind of information that could be worth additing to the PDF.

Massimo

I'm just adding that information on the PDF Wink

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ft17_parola_6.jpg
The SN on the FT from Parola is 9129.18

Given that less than 3800 FT were ever constructed, one could think that either the SNs were not from 1 to 3800 (could be possible if this SN range is given to all vehicles produced by Renault, that would say that, for example, a Renault truck could have the SN 3187.18), or the FT were given another serial number after the war..

Pierre-Olivier

P-O

Last edited by the_shadock on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

#177: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:51 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
I'm just adding that information on the PDF Wink

#178: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:52 pm
    ----
SU-76:

Massimo

#179: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:42 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
you probably didn't look at the good place, because the manufacturer's plate is still present on the other side of the FT at Overloon.
Here you can see the plate behind the red sign :
commons.wikimedia.org/..._FT_17.jpg

P-O

well I sort of have the same problem you have Wink
Don't have an good clear picture of the plate Mr. Green

I do have an picture where you can see the complete vehicle with the plate, so it is still there
The problem is, it is not possible to read it because it is to far away

However I'm planning to go there again in an couple of weeks
I will put it on the list, things to do / check

Michel

#180: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:58 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
However I'm planning to go there again in an couple of weeks I will put it on the list, things to do / check

Great, let us know if you can get anything

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board