Old soldiers...
-> Officer's Club

#1: Old soldiers... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:47 pm
    ----
Ascout is back from mega-trip around the Pacific. More to follow, but here is an interesting pic....Mr. Le Van Ba of the village established at the former site of Firebase Birmingham near Hue. I was walking up the trail to the firebase when we heard Mr. Ba's scooter putt'in' up the trail (pretty much to find out what we were up to). He's a former ARVN adviser to Americans operating in the area, since "re-educated" and now the village (read: "Party") official. He gave us a good tour via the shortcuts, we swapped stories over tea (in the hootch behind us there) and generally had a good time. As I get my pics compiled, I'll show you some "then and now" stuff of this area...

Good to be home for now, though... Laughing

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Old soldiers... Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:11 am
    ----
Identify yourself, Ascout - which of the two is Mr. Ba?
Wink
Marco

#3: Re: Old soldiers... Author: Combat PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:36 am
    ----
lol

cool pick ascout!

#4: Re: Old soldiers... Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:40 am
    ----
Cool picture!

#5: Re: Old soldiers... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:05 am
    ----
...and young soldiers(?)...maybe "Future tankers of SRVN Association"

#6: Re: Old soldiers... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:08 am
    ----
The Citadel at Hue....

#7: Re: Old soldiers... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:51 am
    ----
Welcome back bud! Good pix.....lookin' forward to the rest.

Check out the young kid on the right in that pic. Good ol' American influence.....got the gansta-rap stance goin' on and everything.

#8: Re: Old soldiers... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:18 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Welcome back bud! Good pix.....lookin' forward to the rest.

Check out the young kid on the right in that pic. Good ol' American influence.....got the gansta-rap stance goin' on and everything.

Decadent Western influence....he'll be hearing from the counter-revolutionary elements within the party VERY shortly.... Twisted Evil

#9: Re: Old soldiers... Author: Combat PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:14 pm
    ----
got the gansta-rap stance goin' on and everything.

funny I was thinking the same thing there! lol

#10: Re: Old soldiers... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:18 pm
    ----
Actually...I thought he was preparing to make a 'puddle' on the ground but after looking at the picture again, I have to ask myself...What is he doing with the other guys foot !!!!!

#11: Re: Old soldiers... Author: Combat PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:20 pm
    ----
OMG! KIT YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!! WHATS HE DOING WITH THAT KIDS FOOT? LOL

foot fetish? YIKES! lol

-> Officer's Club