The Year of the Allied Modeller
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: The Year of the Allied Modeller Author: Al_Bowie PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:01 am
    ----
Well guys this and next year look like being the Year of the Allied Modeller. After waiting 30 odd yrs from Tamiyas M3 family for a decent kit we have not one but two manufacturers going head to head on the HT family. Trumpeter have just announced a family including:
M16 AA
M3A1
M3A2
M21 81 mm
M3 GMC 75mm

DML have announced an M2/M2A1 kit and have an M3/3A1 in the wings. It will be interesting to see which direction this go's but if it is like the AFV and DML battle over the 251 i see a huge family of HT to follow, great days ahead. Academy are doing an M3 in 72nd with a Ford SEEP.

Other new releases are

M5 Early - AFV club
Cent Mk 5/2 105 NATO - AFV Club
STRYKER - AFV Club
STRYKER - DML
STRYKER - Trumpeter
251/20 UHU - AFV Club
Grille II 17cm monster - Trumpeter
Pz III/IV 105 demountable SP - Trumpeter
Stug III G early/mid - DML
Pz IV Bridgelayer - DML
Pz IV Munitions - Trumpeter
M4 A3 HVSS (T80) 105 DML
M4 A2 Cast Hood (Sher III) - DML
M4 A3 HVSS (T80) W/M1 Dozer - Academy

I guess it never rains but it pours!
Cheers
Al

#2: Re: The Year of the Allied Modeller Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:50 am
    ----
Hi Al! Hi Folks!

I think I am going to be in halftrack heaven!

I notice there is a German WWII AVLB kit in the works. Now if someone would just do a plactic M48/60 AVLB and a M104 Wolverine I would be very happy. Then if Academy would just release that M728 CEV vehicle they have been teasing me with for years, I would be over joyed!

A comment about the coming Stryker kits. Over at Terry Ashley's PMMS site, the DML Stryker kit is listed as "Stryker FAMILY". I hope that means I will be seeing the Recon version in the next year or two!

Bring on the ALLIED Models!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: The Year of the Allied Modeller Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:10 pm
    ----
I wonder if any of the Stryker kits will include the Combat Shopping Cart Option?

#4: Re: The Year of the Allied Modeller Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:13 pm
    ----
Hi Chris! Hi Folks!

- ChrisC

I wonder if any of the Stryker kits will include the Combat Shopping Cart Option?

Hey Chris, you have to leave something for the after market guys!
We have birdcages for Warriers and Challengers, I sure something for the Stryker will be coming along. What I would like to see is a birdcage for a M-113A2 or A3.
Sgt, Scouts out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board