C.A.F. AIRSHOW 2006!!!
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: C.A.F. AIRSHOW 2006!!! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:55 pm
    ----
Howdy Fellas,
Sorry about the delay in getting these pictures posted, but here they are. Airsho 2006 was great as ususal with the aerobatics, Tora Tora Tora team, WW 2, Korean, and Viet Nam reenactments. I didn't get a lot of pictures because of my time helping in the WW 2 vetrans tent which the Desert Squadron sponsored.
My Family actually came out this year mainly because the weather was very nice and we could sit in the shade in the veterans tent and the C.A.F. Colonels O-Club, where the wife and I could enjoy some adult beverages 8). After airshow entertainment was good too, especially with the Andrews Sisters. (these area group of Colonels Ladies who put on an excelent Andrews Sisters Act), and milling around listening of tales from WW2 ect......

C-45

The C.A.F.'s first plane the P-51 (Red Nose) and a C-45

ME-108!

SKYRAIDERS the participated in the Korean war and Viet Nam war reenactments. They looked real good!

A view from the WW2 Veterans tent

B-25 simulating a low level bombing run

raid on the oil Refineries at Ploesti... www.ww2guide.com/oil.shtml

The P-51 "Gunfighter" maxair2air.com/AIR/gunfighter.html

Vietnam Rescue by an O-2(Cessna 337), 2 Skyraiders, a Cobra, and UH1. they flew the O2 as an F.A.C. for the Skyraiders, which put down supression fire, then the Cobra came in to hold the enemy down, and take out any resistants left while the Huey came in and picked up the downed pilot and his R.I.O.
Very COOL!!!! Mr. Green

Our symbols of Freedom

At the O-Club watching the Red Baron Pizza team and enjoying time with the Wife and Daughters

Not everything was airplanes.......The future of cars circa 1974......There were 3 of these. also notice FIFI in the backround. She needs about 3 million in repairs before she is airworthy again. Luckly a person pledged 2 million at the General Meeting before Air Sho 2006.....Maybe next year??

My Daughter in Gunfighter

My other Daughter in Gunfighter.....Lucky little kids......
Although they didn't get as lucky as me to break the camera and didn't get to spend 20 minutes in the cockpit as I did last year........

#2: Re: C.A.F. AIRSHOW 2006!!! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:28 pm
    ----
Shocked WOW !! Shocked

GREAT STUFF 1 Bullet !!

Thankx for sharing !

Looking forward to more pic's !!;)

fled
Cool

#3: Re: C.A.F. AIRSHOW 2006!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:29 pm
    ----
very cool Bullet, thanks for sharing.

#4: Re: C.A.F. AIRSHOW 2006!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:55 pm
    ----
Excellent shots and well worth the wait!

The Skyraiders look GREAT, heck, all the shots do. Nice shootin' Tex!!!

Got any close-ups of those helos?? Wink

#5: Re: C.A.F. AIRSHOW 2006!!! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:49 pm
    ----
Sorry Boss on the choppers, They were parked on an unacessable area of the ramp, and when I went to take pics of the flying I was to far from show center....

#6: Re: C.A.F. AIRSHOW 2006!!! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:50 pm
    ----
:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: Great stuff Bullet!

#7: Re: C.A.F. AIRSHOW 2006!!! Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:06 am
    ----
Bullet - Great photos man! I haven't been to a good airshow in years. Always impressed by the big warbirds flying!

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum