10M Freeware Mesh, etc
-> FSX

#1: 10M Freeware Mesh, etc Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:04 pm
    ----
The new default terrain mesh is suposed to be great but apparently can be made even much better......you gotta see this:

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=147&topic_id=244882&mode=full

That, and similar 10 meter terrain mesh for FSX is freeware, courtesy of FSProject Terrains....check 'em out:

http://www.fsproject.com/

On top of that they've got a 19M terrain mesh for Canada....got the ol' 38M terrain mesh's for FS9 beat!

#2: Re: 10M Freeware Mesh, etc Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:41 am
    ----

I wouldn't be surprised if this game 'takes hold' much faster than anticipated. Thanks for the links Stoopy!

#3: Re: 10M Freeware Mesh, etc Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:56 am
    ----
YW Bush....hey speaking of terrain and scenery thingies, would it be possible for anyone here that has FSX (I still only have the demo while I wait for my copy to arrive) to please please please try installing one of Ascout's scenery packages and see if it works?

I'm thinking at least the COm-Central Wilderness Camp he made for y'all, at CBB7. And/Or the JG300 Pigsty if ya want. Either of 'em are in the download section.

Pretty please with sugar on it? Some pigs are dyin' to know..... and it won't blow nothing up, at worse you might just have to de-activate the scenery in the settings menu if it yields funky results.

#4: Re: 10M Freeware Mesh, etc Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:42 pm
    ----
I have that in my 'to do' plans Stoopy as soon as time allows... Wink

#5: Re: 10M Freeware Mesh, etc Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:03 pm
    ----
Just got hold of my copy of fsX de Luxe version Stoopy, first install addon will be the Phu-Bai scenery

fled
Cool

#6: Re: 10M Freeware Mesh, etc Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:05 pm
    ----
Excellent and thanks!

Can't wait 4 some Sxcreenies.....

(typo intentional!)

#7: Re: 10M Freeware Mesh, etc Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:34 pm
    ----
One item to be careful about, Fled: I've read that AFCAD files for FS9 can cause a CTD in FSX. Bad news, until they're removed. You had added an AFCAD to Ascout's Phu Bai, so it's a heads-up. This is only what I've read so take it with whatever weight you'd like.

-> FSX