Never seen this one before....
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Never seen this one before.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:53 pm
    ----
- Dontos

Dunlap armoured car built by Captain John B Dunlap. Machine-gun Troop, 112th Cavalry at Fort Riley in Kansas around 1931.

BTW that image seems to be reversed and the writing on the door has been added I suspect?

#17: Re: Never seen this one before.... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:34 am
    ----
Why do you think the image has been reveresed? It looks like the driver is located on the Left ( The correct side :-)) if it had been reversed it would appear on the other side

#18: Re: Never seen this one before.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:23 am
    ----
- bsmart
Why do you think the image has been reveresed? It looks like the driver is located on the Left ( The correct side :-)) if it had been reversed it would appear on the other side

Aagh! Because I have the 'drive on the opposite side of the road here' mindset .... no my reference image shows the same vehicle with the mg port on the left-hand-side so one of them is the wrong way round...

Cool

#19: Re: Never seen this one before.... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:15 am
    ----
Does your reference image have the writing on the door? In this image it appears to be written correctly.

I can see why you commented about the writing on the door being added later. I think the writing is actually on the vehicle

-> AFV News Discussion Board