Oleg Speaks
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: Oleg Speaks Author: MechyLocation: Philly PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:48 am
    ----
~S~ Looks like we may get to try BOB out before next year, might be fun!

posted Fri March 18 2005 04:21
Hi all.

I was sick more than one week, howere the work was not stop [Smile]

So from today (or Monday) we will begin to test 4.0 version. Yes 4.0, but not 3.05...
Simply because it deserve to name as new thing...

The main change - new general FM.
The description from readme:

V4.0 introduces the pre-BoB Flight Model (FM). In this add-on we are partially introducing FM from our next simulation (BOB) for worldwide test in our current engine. Flight model in the version 4.0 was already extensively tested by nearly 40 real pilots from around the world and we received very positive feedback.
It is likely that some people may have a problem in their first attempts to fly with the new flight model, especially with take-offs and landings when FM is set to ‘realistic’. However, once you understand the differences and get used to it, everything will fall into its place. We would like to point out, that the new FM will take more system resources to run, especially when many aircraft are in the air at the same time. It doesn’t matter if it is human or AI, because our AI pilots use the same FM!

------------

There will be several new positions of new Aircraft (3 of them AI), cockpit and new modifications of existed, many new ground objects (for both Pacific and Europe/Russian front), new maps for both Russian and Pacific theaters.

New campaign(s)

Also there are great number of small changes and fixes. Maybe not all, but most that to polis sim.

The size will be ~110 Mb for a Merged install and a bit smaller for PF only.

Thats all I like to tell for the current moment.
Please no questions and speculations. We are testing.

#2: Re: Oleg Speaks Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:54 pm
    ----
Thanks for the 'heads up' Mechy....:wink:

Looks interesting, that's for sure. I wonder what he meant about the new flight models being harder to fly? Are they not modeled correctly in PF now?

#3: Re: Oleg Speaks Author: MechyLocation: Philly PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:47 am
    ----
~S~ Hey Bush, yea it kinda makes you think. I always felt that Forgotten Battles was a much kinder and gentler verison of the original IL-2, so maybe it will go back to the original flight models. Regardless, it should make things interesting!!

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters