Webpage update... Need your help....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Webpage update... Need your help.... Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:26 pm
    ----
I have added a new item on the page, it is "Specifications". I took a 1944 dated TM 9-710 and used the information from there.

I used drawings out of the manual to show each model. I'd like to use modern restored photos there, but I'm no hellp there, I mean it is call Junk-halftracks for a reason....

If you have a M2, M2A1, M3, M3a1, M4, M4a1 please send me a photo of it. Please look at the page and kinda do the same shot. No canvas, smiple background I can curt out, just a good photo of your vehicle.

I have future plans to ad other things. And with your help, I plan to make this the best page on halftracks on the web.

Also I still need more before and after shots....

One more thing.... If you see something incorrect, or if there is a problem with anything.... PLEASE let me know. I do not want to post any thing not correct.

Thanks for your help.

#2: Re: Webpage update... Need your help.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:52 pm
    ----
Here are a couple of photos I have taken in the past.

Ft McCoy Wi (2005):

I'll dig around to see if I can find some others

HTH
Don

#3: Re: Webpage update... Need your help.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:06 am
    ----
These are of the M2 parade/ceremony vehicle used at Ft. Irwin. It's not correct inside as it has a railing for ranking officials to hang on to, but otherwise is pretty much true to type. Thanks to Jeff Button and some folks at Irwin, I had the privilege to drive this vehicle and it's surprizingly easy to operate...pretty much just a noisy truck. I drove it over here away from the clutter to get these pics...

#4: Re: Webpage update... Need your help.... Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:30 am
    ----
Both of those are great. I'll put them in later tonight, after my ccowboys lose, or tomorrow if I'm too despondent.... Smile

#5: Re: Webpage update... Need your help.... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:09 am
    ----
Is the vehicle in Dontos' picture an M3 or an M2? I thought the M3 was a longer wheelbase and the easy way to tell the two apart was the distance from the rear edge of the drivers door to the front edge of the track. To me the vehicles in both Dontos' and Doug's pictures appear to have the leading edge of the track even with the trailing edge of the door. In my memory this makes them M2s.

What do the halftrack experts think?

#6: Re: Webpage update... Need your help.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:32 am
    ----
Hmmmm

Well Bob, I'm actually quite clueless on this. I sorta go with whatever is source listed.

I do know the following is an M3. Looking for a photo of 'our' M5. Not sure I have one though.

Then of course theres this 'reverse' image of the M13.

(I had been scanning all of these drawings, and piecing them together, but sort of lost them all with data crash two months ago. Gotta start over... Lucky that I seem to have the originals.... Mr. Green )

Don

#7: Re: Webpage update... Need your help.... Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:07 pm
    ----
The M3 had a 10" longer back armor than the M2. The m2 has "steps" on the back, the M3 goes straight up on the back. If you'll look at this photo that Doug posted above, it shows the steps very well. The M3 did not have these, the body came all the way back.

M2

M3

#8: Re: Webpage update... Need your help.... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:01 pm
    ----
- tankdriver
The M3 had a 10" longer back armor than the M2. The m2 has "steps" on the back, the M3 goes straight up on the back. If you'll look at this photo that Doug posted above, it shows the steps very well. The M3 did not have these, the body came all the way back.

Okay, the extension was on the OTHER end

I knew someone here would know.

Thanks

#9: Re: Webpage update... Need your help.... Author: palic PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:51 pm
    ----
I do not think that H-T (with french rhomboid) on b-w picture is an M-3 series vehicle.
This must be a I-H M-5 or M9 due to "rounded rear corners" of superstructure and due to "frame extension steps" visible on the rear armour plate...

#10: Re: Webpage update... Need your help.... Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:50 pm
    ----
You are correct, I just pulled a photo that showed the flat rear well. Should have looked closer.... Smile

Here's a better one.

-> AFV News Discussion Board