"The Iowa Gold Star Military Museum" pictures
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: "The Iowa Gold Star Military Museum" pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:40 pm
    ----
These are from the "The Iowa Gold Star Military Museum" located at Camp Dodge, Johnston, Iowa. I have a buddy that took these for us. Please feel free to correct and ID these if caption is wrong....You guys are the experts..

T-55

MTLB

SCORPION

M1 ABRAMS

M42 DUSTER

??

M113

BRADLEY

HONEST JOHN

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

#2: Re: "The Iowa Gold Star Military Museum" pictures Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:18 pm
    ----
Beautiful pictures,
Tell you friend thanks, BTW the T-72 is actually a T-55, Not sure what model or variant. I'm sure Taranov could help.

Joe D

#3: Re: "The Iowa Gold Star Military Museum" pictures Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:19 pm
    ----
oops! Mr. Green

Last edited by Joe_D on Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: "The Iowa Gold Star Military Museum" pictures Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:14 pm
    ----
Neat!

Any more pics of the M56 Scorpion?

#5: Re: "The Iowa Gold Star Military Museum" pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:45 pm
    ----
sorry jeff this is it

#6: Re: "The Iowa Gold Star Military Museum" pictures Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:19 pm
    ----
I believe the M113 with the launcher is a M901 ITV. The launcher was called the "Hammerhead".

#7: Re: "The Iowa Gold Star Military Museum" pictures Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:11 am
    ----
armyjunk2, thanks for the pics! That confirms a few to the register & adds a few more.

Neil

#8: Re: "The Iowa Gold Star Military Museum" pictures Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:09 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

- Tanklord

I believe the M113 with the launcher is a M901 ITV. The launcher was called the "Hammerhead".

That's correct! Also the launcher is facing to the rear of the hull. We are looking at the back side of the hammerhead mast and head assembles.

Note for modellers, that turret under the Hammerhead came off an M114A1E1(A2) Lingle!

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#9: Re: "The Iowa Gold Star Military Museum" pictures Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:23 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

M113 Confused

While that vehicle is a member of the M113 Family, it is NOT a 113.
Check out the top edge along the back half of the hull. You will see a bracket for resting a hatch on and a tube for a hatch counter balance spring running paralled to the edge of the hull. That means the cargo area hatch opens to the side and not to the rear like on a standard APC.

That vehicle is a M125 or M106 mortar carrier. Photo of the other side would tell us which.

Looking at the engine exhaust pipe, I am guessing the vehicle is an 'A2' version rather that an 'A0, or A1'.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#10: Re: "The Iowa Gold Star Military Museum" pictures Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:51 pm
    ----
Yes, it's T-55 early (T-55 or T-55A) versions.
Vehicle after M42 - M901 TOW.

-> AFV News Discussion Board