Heartland Museum, Lexington, Nebraska PICTURES
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Heartland Museum, Lexington, Nebraska PICTURES Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:43 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Dontos! Hi Folks!

- Dontos

M29 WEASEL

Hey!!! Is that a 'Mule' with the 106mm RR behind the Weasel?

Boy do you have a thing for 106mm RRs or what?
I missed it the first time through and only picked up on it when you said something!

Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

Actually Roy,

I have a friend that is looking for a pedistol mount for his Mule, to mount a 106.

I seem to have grown into somewhat of a novice for the 106mm RR,....for obvious reasons... Wink (always on the prowl for another surviving .....you know what.

Don

#17: Re: Heartland Museum, Lexington, Nebraska PICTURES Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:52 am
    ----
Hi Dontos! Hi Folks!
]
- Dontos

I have a friend that is looking for a pedistol mount for his Mule, to mount a 106.

Pedistol mount for the Mule?

I think we need Old Top to join us on this one.

I am not sure, but I was under the impression that the yoke that held the rifle was removed from the tripod and mounted onto the bed of the Mule.

Confuzed Confused
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#18: Re: Heartland Museum, Lexington, Nebraska PICTURES Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:20 am
    ----
Not being a 'mule' expert,....there some sort of bracket support on or under the floor boards that is required to mount the mount. This is the part he needs.

He has an M1919A4 / M60 pedistol mount currently.

Check this out....
90mm AT Gun (Live Fire)

"God Bless America"... Mr. Green

Don

#19: Re: Heartland Museum, Lexington, Nebraska PICTURES Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:31 am
    ----
Hi Dontos! Hi Folks!

- Dontos
Not being a 'mule' expert,....there some sort of bracket support on or under the floor boards that is required to mount the mount. This is the part he needs.

Check this out....
90mm AT Gun (Live Fire)

"God Bless America"... Mr. Green

OK, a bracket that goes under the bed makes sense to me. My guess is it mounts between the two frames running under the bed that holds everything together.

90mm AT! Far out!
I wonder how much a round of ammo cost now days for that thing?

I happiend to be surfing first thing this morining and ran acrossed the Gunny (Mail Call) at that same place in KY that host a semi-annual automatic weapons firing event. Far out.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#20: Re: Heartland Museum, Lexington, Nebraska PICTURES Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:41 am
    ----
That was last year. He taped a 'mail call' show.

Here's a little taste of his visit.

"Mail Call" segment

Definitely a fun event.

Don

#21: Re: Heartland Museum, Lexington, Nebraska PICTURES Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:01 am
    ----
Hi Dontos! Hi Folks!

That's what I would call a DAY OFF!

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#22: Re: Heartland Museum, Lexington, Nebraska PICTURES Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:58 am
    ----
Ya' know, 90 and 106mm RR's were used all over the intermountain west for avalanche control at many passes and ski resorts. Only lack of suitable ammo has forced the conversion to other means, like heli-delivered charges, propane guns, and the like. 105mm howitzers have been used, and some of the newer lightweight ones were recalled into service for use in Afghan and elsewhere, owing to a shortage of easily portable guns. A few RR's can still be seen at a few resorts...

#23: Re: Heartland Museum, Lexington, Nebraska PICTURES Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:05 am
    ----
When I lived in Washington (State), there was a 106mm RR used as avalanche control in the Passes of the Cascades. That was back in 1994-98.

I had a tour of duty in 'Recruiting Command' and had to live on an Island for 4 years. (Whidbey Island).

The 106 was later replaced by an M60 as I recall. It is (was) operated by the forestry dept. Although I believe additional support was from the Washington National Guard & Ft Lewis.

I believe that the 106 was also used in Colorado for the same purpose.

Amazing what one finds when you do some real 'indepth' research.

Don

#24: Re: Heartland Museum, Lexington, Nebraska PICTURES Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:14 am
    ----
- Dontos

I believe that the 106 was also used in Colorado for the same purpose.

Don

...and Utah...I've lived in and skied both extensively.

#25: Re: Heartland Museum, Lexington, Nebraska PICTURES Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:14 am
    ----
Heres a tidbits...

From Washington State Website

Don

#26: Re: Heartland Museum, Lexington, Nebraska PICTURES Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:22 am
    ----
Yep!

#27: Re: Heartland Museum, Lexington, Nebraska PICTURES Author: binder001 PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:53 pm
    ----
Here's another shot of the mule with 106RR at the Heartland Museum

-> AFV News Discussion Board