Interesting Bradley....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Interesting Bradley.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:28 pm
    ----
As Above...

Cool

#2: Re: Interesting Bradley.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:37 pm
    ----
M113 FOV variant mocked up.

It's short a roadwheel, and the forward most "driver's vision block" is, I believe, the exhaust port (as well as being on the wrong side for the driver).

Looks like a creative use of 3/4" plywood.

#3: Re: Interesting Bradley.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:50 pm
    ----
which vision block?

Cool

#4: Re: Interesting Bradley.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:56 pm
    ----
This one....it's larger than all the others, and in this and other pics I've seen of this vehicle, it looks smokey and dark above the empty "vision block". I suspect it's actually driven from inside the turret somewhere.

#5: Re: Interesting Bradley.... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:35 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

I wonder why the engine deck and driver's area were reveresed? Shocked

Interesting use of a M113! Smile
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#6: Re: Interesting Bradley.... Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:25 pm
    ----
It's a movie prop produced by Army Trucks, Inc. Here's a link to the page showing their "Bradley": www.armytrucks.com/page1.html

#7: Re: Interesting Bradley.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:26 pm
    ----
Yes - one would have thought that if anyone was creating a FOV of the Bradley then they could have at least got the driver/engine positions right...

BTW the vehicle was in a US Army equipment display alongside a Stryker...

Cool

#8: Re: Interesting Bradley.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:56 pm
    ----
Besides which, it would seem easier to reroute the exhaust than to totally relocate the driver (for no apparent reason).

When it operates, it must look like the driver is smokin' a big smokey black cigar....

#9: Re: Interesting Bradley.... Author: Dubliner PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:55 pm
    ----
nt

Last edited by Dubliner on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: Interesting Bradley.... Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:25 pm
    ----
I read on Armorama that the chassis used for the Army Trucks, Inc. "Bradley" was the M548 ammo carrier based on the M113 FOV. Unknown why they would reverse the driver's hatch.

-> AFV News Discussion Board