Surviving Panzers website
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 53, 54, 55  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#256: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Soldier_of_Industrial_WarLocation: rUsSiA PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:40 pm
    ----
In BT file:
"BT-7 m1935 – “ZabVO”, Chita, Zabaykalsky Krai (Russia)" & "BT-7 m1935 – Exhibition in park ODORA SibVo, Chita, Zabaykalsky Krai (Russia)" - same tank.

#257: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:09 am
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e

Your guess is as good as mine! homepage3.nifty.com/us...ge173.html

apparently, it is a mock-up made for the cinema. The front lower hull looks like a Type 97 Chi-Ha one, but the tracks, running gear, turret and upper hull armor look really fake and don't correspond to any WW2 Japanese tank.

Pierre-Olivier

#258: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 am
    ----
I thought it looked a bit dodgy!

#259: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:49 pm
    ----
Ha-Go on Guam

picasaweb.google.com/l..._a0XHvx9Ow

#260: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:40 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
Driver looks like he's enjoying himself!

It's owner Wink

#261: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:53 am
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e

Ha-Go (unlisted or old photo?)

hello,

for these ones, there are too few information on the website to know if these are already listed tanks, and their exact location when the photo was takan and now.

Pierre-Olivier

#262: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:55 am
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e

I have the same one listed at Banadero area, Saipan Island (Northern Mariana Islands)

#263: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:30 am
    ----
Yep, does look like that one, another 20 years of exposure haven't been kind to it!

#264: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:01 pm
    ----
More ? Kuril Island finds.
A couple of IS2
almanachtur.ru/forum/a...1222585845
almanachtur.ru/forum/a...1222585845
From almanachtur.ru/forum/s....php?t=510

IS3
reibert.info/forum/att...1261744517
reibert.info/forum/sho...243&page=2
Not sure if any of these figure already.

#265: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:37 pm
    ----
Torretta di carro armato un tempo a difesa della polveriera di Alice Castello
www.flickr.com/photos/...442248645/

#266: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:06 pm
    ----
See it here:
preservedtanks.com/Pro...6&Select=4

I was there last summer, I still have to post-process all the pictures. There is an amazing artillery collection over there

Massimo

#267: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:19 pm
    ----
Massimo, I believe that it's a different one, unless it's been moved between the photos on the flickr account and the one on preservedtanks.
The presrvedtanks' shots show no mantlet & guns, no concreted entry into the rear of the structure and the location in vastly different.

#268: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:23 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
Torretta di carro armato un tempo a difesa della polveriera di Alice Castello
www.flickr.com/photos/...442248645/

It seems like an amazing coincidence that you should post that - since I spent the weekend researching the tanks from Alice Castello and writing about them - including the entry that Massimo posted!

- Pzkpfw-e
Massimo, I believe that it's a different one, unless it's been moved between the photos on the flickr account and the one on preservedtanks.
The presrvedtanks' shots show no mantlet & guns, no concreted entry into the rear of the structure and the location in vastly different.

I'm not sure I understand your comments - did you read what was written on that page?

If you're interested in Alice Castello itself, there is a link on that page, or you can go directly here:

Location ID 5230: Alice Castello

#269: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:46 am
    ----
Ah, right, I thought Massimo was saying that the one I'd found photos of, was the one moved to Forte Bramafan.

#270: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:50 am
    ----
I really don't know. Those photos are old (there are videos on Youtube too).:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTV1NGXhu50

It's hard to tell which of the hulls was moved to Forte Bramafan. Most likely it's this one:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yaOTXZlOXc

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board