Surviving Panzers website
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 53, 54, 55  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#736: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:36 pm
    ----
Hello Pierre-Olivier,
I had also a Comet at the National army museum, Royal Hospital Road Chelsea in Londen.

There was a Comet at Belsen, Niedersachsen, Germany at Hohne Camp (British army barracks), it is since log gone. Do you know were it went?

Comet at Belsen, Germany

Regards,
Lesley

#737: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:20 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Hello Pierre-Olivier,
About the Comet file. You have some Comets listed as ''probably at the Otterburn ranges''.

The site were the photos come from has several times the word ''plain/plains'' in it.

It could be the Salisbury Plains. Years and years ago I was there and there are a lot of tankwrecks over there.

Fot Otterburn I have only Chieftain wrecks.

Unfortunately I wasn't into wrecks and relics that time....

regards,
Lesley

Lesley,

thanks for this remark. The exact location has to be confirmed, because it is indicated nowhere. I'll try to contact the guy who took the photos and ask him.

P-O

#738: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:21 pm
    ----
Hello Pierre-Olivier,
About the Comet file. You have some Comets listed as ''probably at the Otterburn ranges''.

The site were the photos come from has several times the word ''plain/plains'' in it.

It could be the Salisbury Plains. Years and years ago I was there and there are a lot of tankwrecks over there.

Fot Otterburn I have only Chieftain wrecks.

Unfortunately I wasn't into wrecks and relics that time....

regards,
Lesley

#739: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:28 pm
    ----
New files for 12/20/2008 :

German World War 2 armoured vehicles : SdKfz. 222, SdKfz. 223, SdKfz. 231, SdKfz. 234, Sdkfz. 4/1 15cm Panzerwerfer 42 auf Maultier

Japanese World War 2 tankettes and light tanks : Type 94 Te-Ke, Type 97 Te-Ke, Type 95 Ha-Go, Type 4 Ke-Nu, Type 2 Ka-Mi Amphibious, Type 95 Ri-Ki Crane Vehicle

Japanese World War 2 medium tanks : Type 89B I-Go Otsu, Type 97 Chi-Ha and Shinhoto Chi-Ha, Type 3 Chi-Nu, Type 1 Ho-Ni SPG, Type 4 Ho-Ro SPG, Type 95 So-Ki Armored Railroad Car

Special thanks to Trevor Larkum for having put online the extraordinary "Preserved Japanese Tanks" online, which was a great help to make these files complete.

P-O

#740: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: comtech0057 PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:15 pm
    ----
The name of the album that this photo came from is "Muzej Kozara" and I did some checking and it is apparently is a Museum, so hopefully it will be preserved. This is what I could find out about the Museum;

Name: Muzej Kozara (Kozara Museum)
Address: Nikole Pašiæa, 79101 Prijedor
Telephone: 062 21334
Founded: 1953
Type of museum: Regional museum
Types of holdings: Art: 400 paintings of the Prijedor School;
Archaeology: 900 important exhibits, mainly pre-history including two
5th C. Celtic-Illyrian helmets, Roman and some medieval; Ethnology:
400 artifacts of the Kozara region; History: 2,000 documents and
other artifacts relating to WWII in the Kozara region.
Staff: Milenko Radivojec
Publications: exhibition

Mike

#741: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:33 pm
    ----
Mike,

I also did some researches to know if this museum/collection still exists and in which conditions are these vehicles.

Infortunately, there are very few information about that location and I'm not even sure it's a museum and that the vehicles are still there (there are/were also some Shermans, a SU-76 and a T-34/76 there).

Any information is the most welcome.

P-O

#742: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: comtech0057 PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:55 pm
    ----
Great to see the Surviving 250 and 251 files but I have a question about one of the vehicles. On the Sdkfz 251.pdf file was a picture of a 251/22 which is in extremely sad shape. The name of the album that this photo came from is “Muzej Kozara” which I believe is a museum. Does anyone know where or when this photo was taken and what the plans might be for the vehicle?

Thanks,
Mike

#743: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:13 pm
    ----
A brand new PDF file, this is the first draft (with some vehicles probably missing)

SdKfz. 251 Half-Tracks

P-O

#744: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:39 am
    ----
For German WW2 armour fans :

SdKfz. 250 Half-Tracks

Only 13 survivors known today (until somebody reveals the existence of some other ones?)

The ex-Aberdeen LT-35 is now on display at the Army Museum Žižkov, Prague (thanks to Palic for the information !!). It is currently on display outside.
http://www.vhu.cz/en/novinky/

P-O

#745: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:57 am
    ----
- L.Delsing
Hello Neil,
That is spelled Hillersleben, were the Germans tested artillery (and other things. It is currently known in the NLD army as GuZ Altmark (GuZ = gefechts ubungs zentrum Combat training centre).

Regards,
Lesley

very interesting.. I didn't know that the name of the range did change after WW2..

P-O

#746: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:19 am
    ----
Hello Neil,
That is spelled Hillersleben, were the Germans tested artillery (and other things. It is currently known in the NLD army as GuZ Altmark (GuZ = gefechts ubungs zentrum Combat training centre).

Regards,
Lesley

#747: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:09 am
    ----
Do you know what serial number it was? I never could match it up against the references I had.

All my sources say it was liberated at Hilleslieben Proving Ground - which is also where the Ordnance Museum's Somua S-35 came from.

Neil

#748: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: palic PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:17 am
    ----
Ah yes, Neil, I know this story. Some references say this LT-35 was used by some Wehrmacht unit as turretless artillery tractor and was purchased in Pilsen at the repair facility. Who can know...
Definitely it cost sweat, pain and blood of G.I. guys who liberated important part of my country and I am sure this will be mentioned in the exposition of Lesany Military Technical Museum...

LT-38s (better to say Pz.Kpfw. 38(t)) served with the Czechoslovak Army postwar along with lots of T-34s, some Panthers, Pz.IVs, Hetzers, Cromwells, Stuarts and Challengers. That was a real mess!

And this LT-35 will be real gem of our pre-war armour exhibition in Lesany.

#749: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:56 pm
    ----
Oh, no problem Palic! I can appreciate that its probably better served in the Czech Republic.

Afterall, the LT-38 / PzKpfw 38(t) only served with the Wehrmacht; whereas the LT-35 / PzKpfw 35(t) actually served with the Czechoslovak army.

I do wish ya'll luck on getting it going! It probably hasnt moved in 60 years, may have even had the oil drained from it...

My only regret is that it was the only LT-35 in the US, or in the Western Hemisphere for that matter... And U.S. soldiers did fight to seize it at Hillerslieben Proving Ground - as can be seen by the bullet marks.

Neil

#750: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:33 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
Hello Lesley,

I don't know why but I can't see any text or picture on the link that you provided. The cause may be that I'm not registered on this forum..

P-O

Hello P-O,
Strange, I checked the site and it has two black and white photo's of T-34s. On that German site I'am not registered.

Regards,
Lesley

-> AFV News Discussion Board