T8 Mine Exploder Sherman variant question
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: T8 Mine Exploder Sherman variant question Author: Darkeyes PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:21 pm
    ----
First time poster here. Came across this form and it appears many here have some great insight on WW Armor. I’m interested in building a series of Sherman Tank mine clearing variant models, and as you could imagine obtaining information on some is very difficult. My latest research project is finding out as much about the Mine Exploder T8 (Johnny Walker) Sherman which had steel plungers on a pivot frame designed to pound on the ground. All I could find on this unusual tank is a photo on this page, which has some other nice rare Sherman pictures:

ww2photo.mimerswell.co...m4spec.htm

If anyone has any other pics of this tank or line drawings please let me know, thanks for the help!

- - Philip

#2: Re: T8 Mine Exploder Sherman variant question Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:33 pm
    ----
Welcome to the DG, Darkeyes...I can't help with that, but I bet somebody can!

#3: Re: T8 Mine Exploder Sherman variant question Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:36 pm
    ----
Just adding the relevent pages to JED by coincidence....

Cool

#4: Re: T8 Mine Exploder Sherman variant question Author: Darkeyes PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:59 pm
    ----
Appreciate the help, and great website!
- - Philip

#5: Re: T8 Mine Exploder Sherman variant question Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:16 am
    ----
- Darkeyes
Appreciate the help, and great website!
- - Philip

Thanks but its the contributors that play a lerge part in making it so good!

Cool

-> AFV News Discussion Board