Doesn't look like DirectX 10 and Vista will save the day FSX
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> FSX

#16: Re: Doesn't look like DirectX 10 and Vista will save the day Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:04 pm
    ----
Is the striped-@ss ape thingy backward compatible with FS9? Where can I download that?

#17: Re: Doesn't look like DirectX 10 and Vista will save the day Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:37 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Is the striped-@ss ape thingy backward compatible with FS9? Where can I download that?

You usually have to install 'em (use a BIG phillips) - but, I think, El Capitan can help you, he knows what they are, and has a great story also having nothing to do with them or this thread.....but what the hell we go off-topic here at the drop of a hat anyway, that's the fun of it, right?

http://baboonpirates.blogspot.com/2004_11_01_baboonpirates_archive.html

(Relevance: Striped-@ss apes is mentioned in there somewhere but i didn't get past the hilarious first story) Laughing

#18: Re: Doesn't look like DirectX 10 and Vista will save the day Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:18 pm
    ----
MMMMMMMM.....big bore handguns and premium whiskeys...what's not to like! All he needs to do is sell motorcycle parts and rent X-rated videos and it'd be the perfect one-stop shopping site.

Didn't see anything 'bout no apes, though. Probably just as well.

What was this thread about, anyway?

#19: Re: Doesn't look like DirectX 10 and Vista will save the day Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:06 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

Didn't see anything 'bout no apes, though. Probably just as well.

What was this thread about, anyway?

Yeah...doesn't sound pretty come to think of it.....

Ooo! Ooo! I remember what this was about now!!! Something to do with how software developers have been shafted by the hardware manufacturers who have reached a ceiling (for now) on CPU speeds. Yeah that was it. So the hardware guys just stack two CPU's of a slightly lesser speed on top of each other and tell the software guys they have twice the performance....nevermind scrapping the code they've already developed and the stupifying level of work it takes to attain that potential.

Kinda like how, if Oldsmobile had decided to market the Hurst "Hairy Olds" with two V-8's, they could have used the old JC Whitney Catalog line of "increases performance....AND mileage!".....because logic according to JC Whitney declares that anything which increases HP thus requires you to press down on the gas pedal a lot less, thus increasing your mileage. Which is why you see so many Top Fuel Hemi commuter cars on the road every day.

That was my read on the topic anyways... Laughing

-> FSX