here is a wwii picture
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: here is a wwii picture Author: Sundrtonge PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:11 pm
    ----
This picture is of raymond Szkutak, my fiance's grandfather that just passed away and buried in Arlington. I hope to have pictures as time goes by especially for the project I am working on but just thought you guys might like to see this one. Im not exactly sure of the tank type, dont really have time to look it up, just thought it might be a nice conversation piece.

The back of the photo says: A french tank we found in Munich 1945.

#2: Re: here is a wwii picture Author: Sundrtonge PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:13 pm
    ----
oops sorry I didnt know the picture was going to be this huge.

-Dave

#3: Re: here is a wwii picture Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:16 pm
    ----
- Sundrtonge
oops sorry I didnt know the picture was going to be this huge.

-Dave

Normally, we ask that you use a hosting service and link because the site will resize it to our specs (600x800 pixels), but given the historical nature of this one and it's narrow focus, we'll let it stand as is....

I believe that's an FT-17, for type.

#4: Re: here is a wwii picture Author: Sundrtonge PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:18 pm
    ----
If you remove I could probably put it on one of my sites if that would be better?

#5: Re: here is a wwii picture Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:32 pm
    ----
- Sundrtonge
If you remove I could probably put it on one of my sites if that would be better?

Sure, put it on your site and hotlink the pic to here...the Com-central software thingy should auto resize it. Good practice to get into, and it's less load on the C-C server, too! When you get it done, you can edit your own first post, delete the attachment, and hotlink the image from wherever. Lemme' know if you have any questions.

Nice pic and story, BTW....

Thanks!
Doug

#6: Re: here is a wwii picture Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:10 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
How about this??

Good enuff...I'll link it to the first post. Thanks!

#7: Re: here is a wwii picture Author: Sundrtonge PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:10 pm
    ----
Thanks guys!

Im not the most internet savvy...lol

Anyway I got Monty one of my business partners/friends/web master to uplink it to one of my sites. Maybe this is the best way as I hop eto get afew more pics for everyone to digest in the next month or so...

empcho.bizhosting.com/...mages.html

hopefully this will work, sorry for the busines slink best I could do, guess I should have thought it out a bit more.

-dave

#8: Re: here is a wwii picture Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:13 pm
    ----
Not to worry, Dave....it's a learning process....see, Armyjunk got ya' sorted out with a nice size and I editted into your first post. It's cool...we appreciate your contribution!
It's that kinda' place, here....

#9: Re: here is a wwii picture Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:47 am
    ----
Doug, ok for me to take my picture off?

#10: Re: here is a wwii picture Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:52 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
Doug, ok for me to take my picture off?

Yep, and I deleted your earlier post that had your hosted version of it since I have linked now to Dave's hosted version.

Thanks for helpin' out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board