lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures Author: rynokiLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:37 pm
    ----
Thanks to the shadock for the ZIP file. Regards.

#32: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:24 am
    ----
One Type 95 is in Poland in Wroclaw in private colection.

#33: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:07 pm
    ----
Here are a couple more, some of these are not much more than piles of rust but they are listed in Preserved Japanese Tanks so I will include them. Polar any idea how that tank got to Poland?? A right click and save will give location..........

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

#34: Beijing China, a couple more Japanese tanks Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:45 pm
    ----
A couple more Japanese Tanks, right click and save for more info.....

#35: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:44 pm
    ----
Here is another Type 95, this one is on Peleliu, not much left of some of these.

#36: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:06 am
    ----
I received this picture and description from Philip in California..........

Here is a photo from the Royal Thai Army of Type 95 still in service with them. And they have maintained their original Japanese Tanks and now use them for rides for visitors, I believe they still have several of them in servicable use.

#37: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:29 am
    ----
I saw both of these Japanese Type 95's at the Oregon Military Museum at Clackamas. I have no idea where Wilsonville would fit in the story it is around 10 miles away. One of the Type 95's is in the shop and the other is in a storage yard close by. I will post pictures when I get home next wednesday............

#38: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures Author: zundappukLocation: Behind the Westwall, really! PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:31 am
    ----
[quote="armyjunk2"] Polar any idea how that tank got to Poland?? A right click and save will give location..........[quote]

It actually belongs to a UK collector friend of mine, and is being restored for him in Poland.........

David

#39: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:32 pm
    ----
longly awaited :

Japanese World War 2 tankettes and light tanks : Type 94 Te-Ke, Type 97 Te-Ke, Type 95 Ha-Go, Type 4 Ke-Nu, Type 2 Ka-Mi Amphibious, Type 95 Ri-Ki Crane Vehicle

Japanese World War 2 medium tanks : Type 89B I-Go Otsu, Type 97 Chi-Ha and Shinhoto Chi-Ha, Type 3 Chi-Nu, Type 1 Ho-Ni SPG, Type 4 Ho-Ro SPG, Type 95 So-Ki Armored Railroad Car

Special thanks to Trevor Larkum for having put online the extraordinary "Preserved Japanese Tanks" online, which was a great help to make these files complete.

P-O

#40: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:03 pm
    ----
You're welcome. I hope to put it on preservedtanks.com soon, but I have some other projects to complete first.

#41: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:00 pm
    ----
P-O,
You already have the Japanese tank at the National Memorial in Bangkok?

If no, I try to dig up an old slide and make a scan of it.

www.bangkokthailandpho...btp010.jpg

The areas surrounding the national Memorial are landscaped with flowering and decorative plants and trecs, musical fountains, and an outdoor museum with such items as an amphibions vehicle, a type-83 tank, a type-13 attack bomber and training aircraft, a riverine fast patrol boat, a type-13 observation helicopter, a type-63 mountain artillery, a type-80 105 mm light howitzer and a bridge structure

The typedesignations mentioned above are thai designation. For example a T-28 aircraft is a type 13 etc.

Regards,
Lesley

#42: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:43 pm
    ----
Lesley,

thanks for the info, I didn't knew this tank. Some other Jap. tanks are most probably still missing in the PDF files, as usual.

I am looking for a picture of the Type 4 Ka-Tsu Amphibious tank located at Barstow (WWII and Korea LVT Museum storage, Yermo Annex), CA. Could someone provide a pic of this tank please?

Pierre-Olivier

#43: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:36 am
    ----
Type 97 Shinhoto Chi-Ha repro

in Japanese camouflage
media.photobucket.com/...18.jpg?o=9

in German camouflage
www.flickr.com/photos/...576907203/

Type 89
media.photobucket.com/...k.jpg?o=10

Type 95 Ha-Go – National Museum of the Pacific War, Fredericksburg, TX (USA):
First photo: media.photobucket.com/...6.jpg?o=34

Second photo: media.photobucket.com/...4.jpg?o=49

Last edited by bialy-r on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

#44: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:55 pm
    ----
- bialy-r
New?:

Type 97 Shinhoto Chi-Ha
media.photobucket.com/...18.jpg?o=9

Looks like a VISMOD to me. Hull & tracks dont look right.

Two Type 95 Ha-Go – National Museum of the Pacific War, Fredericksburg, TX (USA):
First tank: media.photobucket.com/...6.jpg?o=34
Second tank: media.photobucket.com/...4.jpg?o=49

Looks like 2 pics of the same tank to me. They just added or removed that left track at some point. I've been needing a pic of this one, thanks!

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

#45: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:21 pm
    ----
Yes you have right.

This tank might be in Philippines or Indonesia

Type 89
media.photobucket.com/...k.jpg?o=10

-> AFV News Discussion Board