lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:21 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
Here are several more Japanese tanks these come from Akira Takizawa in Japan. Is Shumshu Island, Kuril Islands, Russia a different place than Shimushu Island, or another spelling for the same place?

I had a look on Google looking for Shumshu and Shimushu, it seems to be the same place, spelled Shumshu in Russian and Shimushu in Japanese. I will do a .rar file with all the photos of jap tanks I have, during the week and put it on the web.

Pierre-Olivier

#17: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:40 pm
    ----
Well, here are the photos I was able to find for the moment. Photos of jap tanks in the Pacific Islands are very hard to find.

http://the.shadock.free.fr/jap_tanks.rar

If someone can't open this .rar file I can put it in .zip too, just ask.

P-O

#18: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:18 pm
    ----
a ZIP file would help some

#19: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:50 pm
    ----
http://the.shadock.free.fr/jap_tanks.zip

#20: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:54 pm
    ----
Another one on Luzon in the Philippines

#21: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:52 pm
    ----
Here's a Type 95 being restored by Steve Greenbreg off of G503.com. It is in Wilsonville, Or.

#22: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:10 pm
    ----
"Here's a Type 95 being restored by Steve Greenbreg off of G503.com. It is in Wilsonville, Or."

Do you know where this one comes from? It doesn't appears on Neil's AFV register.

P-O

#23: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:25 pm
    ----
It belongs to the Oregon Military Museum. They got it off a bombing range in the 70's. It has been is storage ever since. They started doing restoration last year. He has several post on the G503.com in the tracked area showing it being restored.

Here's a early image.....

#24: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:26 am
    ----
Its listed - actually two of them right? One being restored and one wreck being used for parts right?

Neil

#25: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:51 am
    ----
Yes, that's this one which is being restored. I was looking for it on the AFV register at Wilsonville, Or. and I didn't find it . I didn't think to look at the Oregon Military Museum, where it is listed indeed. Do somebody know what the Museum will do with the wreck?

Pierre-Olivier

#26: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:06 pm
    ----
According to the museum website, it is in Clackamas, not Wilsonville.

Neil

#27: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:15 pm
    ----
Could be, I went by where the guy that is restoring it lives.

#28: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pict Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:56 pm
    ----
- tankdriver
Could be, I went by where the guy that is restoring it lives.

Well, I think that this tank belongs to the Oregon Military Museum which is located at Clackamas. But it is currently restored by Steve Greenbreg at Wilsonville.

P-O

#29: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:17 pm
    ----
Well, at the risk of slicing this too fine, is the restoration being done in Wilsonville? - or does the guy doing the restoration just live in Wilsonville?

Neil

#30: Re: lets start the Japanese relics list, breakout those pictures Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:08 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Well, at the risk of slicing this too fine, is the restoration being done in Wilsonville? - or does the guy doing the restoration just live in Wilsonville?

Neil

I figure by looking at photos that it is being done on Oregon Military Museum grounds.

-> AFV News Discussion Board