Anyone want a Centurion?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Anyone want a Centurion? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:44 am
    ----

Cool

#2: Re: Anyone want a Centurion? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:05 am
    ----
You gotta explain this one. Is there a Centurian hidden under that beast? Shocked Shocked

Last edited by bsmart on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Anyone want a Centurion? Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:40 am
    ----
I thought the Centurion came with a turret? Laughing

Nice picture!!

#4: Re: Anyone want a Centurion? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:17 pm
    ----
Yes it has Centurion running gear apparently... It appeared in 'The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' where it was 'used' to break into the bank of England.

IIRC there is a flap on the front and another '6-pounder' pops out!

Cool

#5: Re: Anyone want a Centurion? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:26 pm
    ----
Since the Centurian was the 'Universal' tank that resulted from the combining of the Infantry and cruiser tank lines Could this be considered a lineal decendant ( and throwback) of the TOG line making this the TOG-3?

#6: Re: Anyone want a Centurion? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:48 pm
    ----
More like 'Father' as opposed to 'Mother'

Cool

#7: Re: Anyone want a Centurion? Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:21 pm
    ----
The model makers had a modicum of smarts to use existing parts for the critical elements. They would have been stumped to reinvent the wheel - the torsion bar - the track pad - etc.

It was a strange movie and its only saving grace was Sir (?) Sean Connery as the controller of all the heroic characters who came to life.

#8: Re: Anyone want a Centurion? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:18 pm
    ----
What was the vehicle used in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" desert scene?
(It's not a quiz, I don't know myself....)

#9: Re: Anyone want a Centurion? Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:42 pm
    ----
Dang you're right! Late model Centurion tracks and you can just make out Centurion roeadwheels. That's the strangest Hollywood rebuild I've ever seen. I expect the IDF to start making these for occupation duties!

The Raiders of Lost Arc (#3?) tank was a MUCH lesser product than this, it sorta looked like a cartoonist's representation of an old 'Liberty' tank.

#10: Re: Anyone want a Centurion? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:10 pm
    ----
- mike_Duplessis

The Raiders of Lost Arc (#3?) tank was a MUCH lesser product than this, it sorta looked like a cartoonist's representation of an old 'Liberty' tank.

There are several good views of the Indiana Jones vehicle here:

www.theraider.net/film...allery.php

-> AFV News Discussion Board