Tanks in France
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Tanks in France Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:38 am
    ----
New website with walkarounds of some tanks (sherman, tiger I, TD M10) exposed in France, as monuments for the moment. It will be updated as far as I get new photos :

Tanks in France

P-O

#2: Re: Tanks in France Author: jcneelLocation: Victoria, Texas PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:11 pm
    ----
P-O:

Another great site. Thanks for sharining!

Chris Neel

#3: Re: Tanks in France Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:43 pm
    ----
nicely produced site very professional
Dennis

#4: Re: Tanks in France Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:08 pm
    ----
Dennis, thanks Razz
Chris, I could also publish your photos from Aberdeen if you want..

P-O

#5: Re: Tanks in France Author: jcneelLocation: Victoria, Texas PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:42 pm
    ----
An Aberdeen Page would be cool. I do have several more photos I could send to you. You might also check with Neil and some of the others that frequent there, as I do not have photos of everything.

cn

#6: Re: Tanks in France Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:17 pm
    ----
Y'all are just gonna force me to get serious & roll out my long-planned "Tank Arsenal" website... Maybe I'll see if I can work on it during the holidays. Right now I'm swamped with two grad school term papers...

Neil

#7: Re: Tanks in France Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:52 pm
    ----
Chris,
send me what you want me to publish. It doesn't matter for me, as I have enough room to publish a lot of photos.

Neil,
I also have exams, and instead of studying, what I'm supposed to do.. I fritter away my time doing that sort of things. Wink that's a question of priorities.

P-O

#8: Re: Tanks in France Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:39 pm
    ----
the.shadock.club.fr/td...index.html

What is written on the little white plaques behind the suspension? 'Keep off' or something similar?

#9: Re: Tanks in France Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:38 am
    ----
That's comemorative plates, and I could translate it by something like :

"To Claude Beaufils (or in memory of Claude Beaufils), the combattants of [can't read]

In this place, Claude Beaufils, René Garnier, René Cardot, of the tank Porc-Epic are dead for France on January 26, 1945"

Pierre-Olivier

#10: Re: Tanks in France Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:08 am
    ----
- jcneel
An Aberdeen Page would be cool. I do have several more photos I could send to you. You might also check with Neil and some of the others that frequent there, as I do not have photos of everything.

cn

Chris, your photos from Aberdeen are published. If anybody else wants some photos to be published, just send me them Wink

Pierre-Olivier

#11: Re: Tanks in France Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:22 pm
    ----
New photos taken today including a video of a running T-34/85, 2 shermans M7B2 Priest being restored, a 8 inches (203 mm) Howitzer from 1944, and a Sherman M4A1 HVSS :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Tanks_in_France.html

P-O

#12: Re: Tanks in France Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:36 pm
    ----
- the_shadock

Chris, your photos from Aberdeen are published. If anybody else wants some photos to be published, just send me them Wink

THe one labelled PAK 75 is in, fact, a PAK 43/41 an 88!

Cool

#13: Re: Tanks in France Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:20 pm
    ----
The Tanks in France website was just updated, recent photos of some tanks in various places were added (FT-17, FT-17 TSF, B1, B1 bis, Half-Tracks, TD M10, AMX-13, EBR Panhard etc..). The most recent updates were done on the following sections : Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Picardie and Lorraine.

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Tanks_in_France.html

Pierre-Olivier

-> AFV News Discussion Board