Realization of a CD devoted to WWII Italian tanks
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Realization of a CD devoted to WWII Italian tanks Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:31 am
    ----
That's a thread from Axis History forum :

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=112469

"I am a French modeller specialized in WWII Italian tanks and fighting vehicles and should like to realize a CD for modellers interested in this subject. I am searching for correspondents who could send me photos of WWII Italian tanks preserved in museums or realize walk-around for me. In fact I need a maximum of photos showing one particular tank (walk-around).
I am looking more particularly for pictures or walk-around of these WWII Italian tanks preserved in :
- Aberdeen (USA) : M 13/40, Semovente da 75/18 and Semovente L40 da 47/32
- Kubinka (Russia) : L 6/40 and L3-33
- Bovington (England) : M 14/41 and L 3-33 lanciafiamme
- National museum of history (South Africa) : AB 41 and L 3-33
- Scuola di Cavalleria di Lecce (Italy) : P 40, M 13/40, L 3-35, M 15/42, Lancia Lince.
- Museo Civico di gerra per la pace Diego de Enriquez (Italy) : AB 43, L 3-33
- Museo della Motorizzazione Militare della Cecchignola (Italy) : P40, M 15/42, AB 41,
M41 carro commando, Lancia Lince.
- Museo dei Carristi Roma (Italy) : L 3/33, M 14/41
- Reggimento Savoia Cavalleria (3°) a Grosseto (Italy) : L 3-35, AB 41

I have already photos of the M 15/42 and Semovente M40 da 75/18 preserved in Saumur.
Any photos of vehicles preserved in other places are evidently welcome. I know there are in Italy many preserved vehicles on display in barracks :L 6/40, M15/42, M14/41, L 3-33, Semovente da 75/18, Semovente M42 da 75/34. I am interested in these pictures too.

Could somebody help me ?

For people interested in Italian tanks, I wrote for modellers articles devoted to the M 13/40 and the Fiat 3000 Mod 21. They are available on :
http://www.italie1935-45.com/RE/fiat3000jeantetard.html
http://www.italie1935-45.com/RE/m13-40jeantetard.html

I thank you in advance for any information or photos you could send me.

Cheers,

Jean Tetard"

If somebody could help, that would be great..

P-O

#2: Re: Realization of a CD devoted to WWII Italian tanks Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:00 pm
    ----
Quite a few Italian tanks in here

digilander.iol.it/pmg/...nto_02.htm

#3: Re: Realization of a CD devoted to WWII Italian tanks Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:45 pm
    ----
Hi P-O

Always glad to be of help to a fellow modeller, here are some pics from the Aberdeen warehouse Bob Smart Tour. This vehicle has at least been partially restored. If you can point your friend here tell him he is free to use thse pics in his CD.

Smile Jeff Lewis

#4: Re: Realization of a CD devoted to WWII Italian tanks Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:48 am
    ----
BTW in Kubinka preserved not a L3/33 or L3/35.
It's hungarian 37M Ansaldo, commander's version wuth commander's turret. Armament - single Gebauer 34/37M machinegun.

#5: Re: Realization of a CD devoted to WWII Italian tanks Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:21 pm
    ----
Here is a couple from Kubinka, does anyone know if the Shed with the Japanese, Italian and assorted tanks is open now?
I know it was closed to the public for a while??

#6: Re: Realization of a CD devoted to WWII Italian tanks Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:08 pm
    ----
Kubinka is open for foreign visitors, but for access you need permission from Ministry of Defence.
tankmuseum.ru/inf.html
Reason is simple. Kubinka - it's not just museum, he is still have status of NIIBT Proving Ground department. More 90% of soviet made exhibits - it's a experimenttal vehicles, and some AFVs or devices of vehicles still have state secret status.

Now about tanks in Kubinka. Only one tank have italian origin - L6/40. Real serial number - RE 3912, tactical number 3, tactical marking - 3 white vertical stripes in red rectangle.

As i said, second vehicle - 37M Ansaldo hungarian tankette. Where he is been captured - unknown. Maybe near Stalingrad, maybe in Hungay in 1945... Anyway, we have plans to repaint this tankette in hungarian 3-tone camo and add hungarian tactical markings.

#7: Re: Realization of a CD devoted to WWII Italian tanks Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:08 am
    ----
Taranov
thanks for the info, i've been there before and will be going back in october, just want to make sure everything is open.
Will we meet you when we are there? I've heard rumors that the warehouse with the Japanese tanks was closed

#8: Re: Realization of a CD devoted to WWII Italian tanks Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:00 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
I've heard rumors that the warehouse with the Japanese tanks was closed

It's just rumors. French, japanese, italian, romanian (Renault UE - it's romanian UE2 Malaxa, Renault R-35 also ex-romanian), hungarian etc AFVs located in Hangar #7. He is open every day. Only two hangars is closed for visitors, and it's not hangars with foreign AFVs. It's hangars with modern russian AFVs exhibits, only for "special" visitors like generals etc.

#9: Re: Realization of a CD devoted to WWII Italian tanks Author: Sundrtonge PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:31 pm
    ----
I have not been on the site for quite some time, but I was at Aberdeen and got to see those Italian tanks that were psuedo in storage. I took some photos, if you are still around drop me an email and Ill get them to you. I will try to upload a few when I get time (a rare thing).

-dave

dave @ crusadeofsteel.com

-> AFV News Discussion Board