How to make movies out of FS9 vdeos?
-> FS2004

#1: How to make movies out of FS9 vdeos? Author: venom PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:24 pm
    ----
Hello guys,

By any chance any of you know where can I learn to make movies out of my FS9 Videos?

Thanks

#2: Re: How to make movies out of FS9 vdeos? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:34 pm
    ----
Dude, ya fire up Windows MovieMaker (if ya don't have it, you can download it free from Microsoft....do a google search) and import your videos you've recorded with FRAPS or whatever, and get to slingin' the clips around and cropping them, adding them in or moving stuff around, and add your soundtrack.

With some fiddlin' around it gets easier and easier....good luck!

#3: Re: How to make movies out of FS9 vdeos? Author: venom PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:56 pm
    ----
um.. ok... I didnt make my video with FRAPS... I made it with the ingame FS9 video maker. The file is in FSR format.

I guess I need t do the video again with FRAPS?

#4: Re: How to make movies out of FS9 vdeos? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:06 pm
    ----
Yessir. If you're talkin' about making movies along the lines of what ya see on Youtube and such, the cool FS9 videos, you need a video capture tool (that wou;d be FRAPS or equivalent, like GameCam) to capture the raw video in standard AVI movie format, which will give you multiple clips as you record, then a good program such as Windows Moviemaker (or better third party equivalent) to splice and cut and patch and clip the scenes together and add your soundtrack.

FRAPS is the "camera" on the movie set, which will give you lots of footage, MovieMaker is the "editing room" where you put all that footage together.

The in-game "recording" stuff is basically poup. If you want some REAL neat "aircraft recording and playback" stuff, see this thread below....this is also a free utility that's AWESOME IMHO....

http://com-central.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4170

...it allows you to get several "actors" (aircraft) recorded and played back in real-time within FS9....at which point, when you're happy with 'em, you'd record the result with FRAPS...then move into Windows Moviemaker....sounds complex maybe but pretty simple with practice, and well worth it!

Good luck dude!

#5: Re: How to make movies out of FS9 vdeos? Author: venom PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:52 pm
    ----
Thanks a lot! Extremely useful Information!

Thanks!

#6: Re: How to make movies out of FS9 vdeos? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:15 pm
    ----
S~ and yurrr sure welcome.....good luck, when ya get a video done, be sure to pop in here and post a link so's we can see it!

#7: Re: How to make movies out of FS9 vdeos? Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:41 pm
    ----
I may be a little late on this, but just to let you know, that FSR file is basically captured "Instant Replay" data. If someone else has the same plane and scenery that you have, you can even share them.

#8: Re: How to make movies out of FS9 vdeos? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:16 pm
    ----
Never too late for good advice....'specially when it comes to us FS Recorder addicts!

Nice to see ya here Tom....how ya doon!??

#9: Re: How to make movies out of FS9 vdeos? Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:58 pm
    ----
Doin' well, just recovering from Christmas!

-> FS2004