46 version
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: 46 version Author: Thud68Location: AZ USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:58 pm
    ----
Being the impatient type I have been guilty in the past of installing stuff on my computer without fully exploring the ramifications. Hence a lot of undoing and such.

I have pre-ordered the Il-2 1946 version of the game and of late have been hearing things about something called Secureom. Can anybody fill me in on what this is,and what if any affect it will have on either game play or system use. Cool Cool Cool

#2: Re: 46 version Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:52 pm
    ----
1946 uses a new DVD anti-copy/use feature called Secure Rom. It's actually version 7.x and checks to see if you're using any kind of 'virtual' dvd drive and or running it off of an ISO or image file. It won't effect any other game you have now, but the standard "No Cd" Patch .dll won't work with this version. Wink

#3: Re: 46 version Author: Thud68Location: AZ USA PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:42 pm
    ----
Thank you Bushy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4: Re: 46 version Author: Kafco PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:40 pm
    ----
~S~ All,

Rec'd and installed '46 yesterday. Pleasently surprised...the planes are flyable, the scenery is great. Very big improvement over previous editions.

Excuse me now...gotta go fly !

Regards,
Ken

#5: Re: 46 version Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:06 pm
    ----
I just recieved it yesterday as well. I will have to wait until Sunday morning!

#6: Re: 46 version Author: JG27_Tanker PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:30 pm
    ----
At Game Copy World they have out a no need of CD patch for 1946.

* edited by Uhu_Fledermaus
Administrator
Com-Central Staff

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters