Interesting site.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Interesting site. Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:39 am
    ----
It's the "Ardennes 44" site.

I was going to post this a while back but had lost the URL in my bookmarks, well I found it again ... wasn't easy.

Very interesting pictures, some very rare interior ones as well.

ardencim.free.fr/page56.html

Cheers,
Rik

#2: Re: Interesting site. Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:32 pm
    ----
Rik,

when I started to be interested in WW2 tanks, that was one of the first websites I discovered, and I explored it during several hours, one of my favourites pages being the one listing all the surviving tanks in Belgium and Luxembourg.. Rolling Eyes

Vestiges in the Bulge

P-O

#3: Re: Interesting site. Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:38 am
    ----
It's a tough site to navigate, even if you know some French, stuff is just buried in the structure and the menu navigation is inadequate. To bad for a really interesting site.

#4: Re: Interesting site. Author: rynokiLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:53 am
    ----
Great site, a lot seems to be in english now though.

#5: Re: Interesting site. Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:46 pm
    ----
i may be incorrect, but the "pershing" listed is a "patton", has the M46 exhaust and engine deck...

ashame to see these relics rusting away.

#6: Re: Interesting site. Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:27 pm
    ----
- SHAWN

ashame to see these relics rusting away.

Most of the pictures are quite old so some of these relics have subsequently been given proper attention to stop further decay, many are just quietly rusting away though, parts stolen, vandalized ...

Happy Holidays Smile
Rik

#7: Update re. tank-monument in La Roche Author: Andre_FlenerLocation: G.D. of Luxembourg PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:21 pm
    ----
Since I helped the "Ardennes '44"-webmaster to compile that list of "vestiges (relics) in the Bulge", here's an update regarding that 'wanna-be' Pershing (remark: it's actually listed as "M46 Patton (M26 Pershing)"!) in La Roche-en-Ardenne: In December 2004, that postwar tank has been removed and replaced by a - more adequate - early production M4A1(76)W Sherman tank.

(Source: one of my own photos)

BTW, the M46 Patton went back to the depot of the Brussels Tank Museum and will someday be restored as a Belgian Army M46 - what it actually is.

Hope this small update helps.

Regards,
André Flener

#8: Re: Interesting site. Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:37 pm
    ----
thanks andre! you know i meant no harm about my inquiry in re:the M26/M46. you and the webmaster have done a nice job. i wish i could be there in person to take a closer look at the tanks.

the M4A1(76)W that took its place, do you know its particular vehicle history? who had it, etc.?

shawn

-> AFV News Discussion Board