FSX : Good news, bad news, maybe good news....?
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: FSX : Good news, bad news, maybe good news....? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:32 am
    ----
So I got some free time and decided to go for a cruise and investigate more details into how Ascout's sceneries are working in FSX. I've got a whole mess of screenies but let's start with the ones near our home base:

^^-- Decided to take the ol' Hunk o' Junkers on a resupply mission froms the Pigsty to the Mountain Brewery and then on to the Com-C Wilderness Camp...was a nice day for flying (real wx enabled)

^^-- Along the way, I was playin' around with my new Track IR head-tracker dealybob. Can't get enough of this cool gizmo....you can turn, tilt, move up and down, scan up and down, move left and right, and basically crane your neck to see all over the cockpit. So I look behind and up, and what do I see? The FUEL TANK for the center engine has been mounted behind my head all this time!!! Carefully, I started to put my cigarette out....but then, why waste a butt...it ain't blown up yet!

^^-- I thought the first stop would be at the Mountain Brewery but dang, I couldn't find it!!!! The lil' lake was nowhere to be seen, and the higher terrain mesh makes the mountains a TON more rugged than they used to be.....

^^-- After looking for a while, I diverted to the secondary and checked out the Com-C Wilderness Camp. Basically, it still looks good and all is pretty much in order, the only thing I noticed is the edge of the lake has been pushed back a bit (dang this Global Warming stuff) so you'll need waders to get ashore from the seaplane dock and stuff....

^^-- Everything else looked good and we still have all the buildings and the deer at the end of the runway....or is they Elk?

^^-- After setting the Ju52 down I decided to switch into something more versatile like the T-38 and go on a search mission for the Brewery....thousands of gallons of missing suds is NOT gonna be a good thing to post in the squad ledger!!

^^-- Finally located it, the lake is entirely gone, and it's fairly overgrown now. So, it's a bear to find...that's the bad news.....but maybe, that's the good news too. Our refreshment is actually pretty secure this way!!

^^--The approach isn't helped by all the foliage in the way!

^^-- Just about to set down and man we got some KILLER trees protecting this place!!!

^^-- Right when the wheels touch, it's an instant exercise in tree-dodging. Luckily, that T-38 has some great short-field manners.

^^-- 'Nother good part is, after touching down and checking the place over, everything's in good shape, the vats are all there, and the generator is still online, kickin' out steam!!

^^-- We're just gonna have to do somethin' about the overgrowth, like throw a tree-clearing party and bring the Chinook out to pull the stumps. Speaking of helos, we got a tree growing right in the middle of the helipad...not that we ever bothered to land our heli's actually IN the helipad circle.....

All in all, looking fairly OK, even interesting, although I'm concerned about what our fresh water supply is gonna be for the brewing now!

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: FSX : Good news, bad news, maybe good news....? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:34 pm
    ----
ROFL Stoopy!! Great story!!

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum