Graphic Card Shopping
-> Hardware

#1: Graphic Card Shopping Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:57 pm
    ----
I did'nt get one thing I asked for this Christmas, and that was a new graphics card. And so I'm just wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of a new one. I have some parent imposed resrictions though. It can't be over $200CDN.

#2: Re: Graphic Card Shopping Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:18 pm
    ----
Personally I'm like my NVidia 7600 GS 512 meg cards for the money. You get a lot of ram and fairly good performance . I purchased mine only a couple months ago for a little less than $200.00 USA and now the price has come down even further. Of course I running two in SLI mode but from what I've heard the single card does rather good in benchmark test. Here is a very good site to look for your new video card:

www.newegg.com/

NVidia 512 meg video cards here:

www.newegg.com/Product...ategory=48

#3: Re: Graphic Card Shopping Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:05 am
    ----
You'll need to know whether you're looking for an AGP or PCI-e card
Your mobo will support one or the other.
PCI-e is not the same as the older PCI.
Otherwise I'd go with what Ban said.

#4: Re: Graphic Card Shopping Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:19 pm
    ----
I have two Gainward 7600GT Golden Sample in SLI

www.pcsilenzioso.it/fo....php?t=703

but my recomendation as the best card at the moment is

the ATI based X1950 PRO

www.trustedreviews.com...950-Pro/p1

nb the X-1950 PRO, ATI based card comes in both AGP and PCI-Express variants, and both are good unlike some other cards that are only quality in one format or only available in one format.

www.ncix.com/search/in...Max.+Price

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

-> Hardware