Wingman Tourney New date and time
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> CFS1

#1: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: WolfeLocation: Away Down South in Dixie, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:16 am
    ----
~S~ all! Now that the holidays are past us and we have ate our fill, it's time to grab a wingman and join the tourney! Shoot your friends! New date and time for the tourney is:

January 19th, at 8:00pm eastern time.

Hope to see ya'll there!

Wolfe

#2: Re: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:22 am
    ----
Well ,

Me and Slicer show up for some good times , CFS Style - We play and make the final's of this thing , Invested 4 and a half hours in playing and chatting - for what you may ask ...

The dishonor of being called a CHEATER and banned from the TS . Apparently my plane takes to much damage ... sad -

Those who know me , know i have spent along time promoting fair play , have been apart of some great teams , and even played a convention face to face with some of you here. This is truly disappointing and i hope that a few who know the 45th can talk to Bear and let him know he is wrong.

#3: Re: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:01 am
    ----
Hiya Snowy,

Thassa bit of a surprise.

The 45th are normally great sports and have a varying degree of skills.
I flown 'em a few times. I was so impressed by all their members that I took to showin 'em a few tricks which might end up with me takin' on 4 or 5 at a time. Experienced pilots would know this is no great feat, or showing off, it just depends on how the game's set up, who's in it, and how you treat it. Sometimes it can be easier to fly than a 1-v-1 game. But the guys in the game weren't privvy to that information and always took it in great spirit and with good sportsmanship.
I've seen folks calling 'cheat' in similar circumstances, because they didn't understand how a single player could take on so many, but not these guys.
They would simply start up another game and get me back in. They would try to find different approaches and tactics to counter what I was doing. They would ask how I did it, and my advice on what they should do about it.
Then they would learn from it and come back at me a different way the next time.

I do think that, when someone doesn't know how to fly damaged in CFS1, seeing someone else do it can look suspicious and lead to cheat calls.
I was only ever called a cheat 3 times in CFS1 (in five years of flying it).
Each time I took it as a compliment and I'm rather disappointed in only getting 3 calls. I obviously didn't practice as hard as I thought I did. MoAce took pity on me one day and called me a cheat just because nobody else had. That was a great honour for me (even if it was meant in jest). lolol

When cheat calls happen, I treated 'em as calls for help and took it upon myself to show those involved at least some of what I was doing; Providing I believed that they were basically honourable - I refused to fly in the same room as some because I did not want the 'gits' (as I called them) to benefit from my experience just by flying against me; You don't have to teach someone for them to learn from you. Otherwise it would have been the same as selling arms to Saddam.

EURO and EW believe that, by helping others to learn new tricks about the game, it makes them better players and opponents and therefore makes for more challenging and enjoyable games for the teachers in the future. As a proud member of both EURO and EW I was happy to promote that belief, helping newbies and more advanced players, to perform better and appreciate the skills they may not have experienced before.

I would advise against public reaction anyway. Now you posted it, others have heard about an incident which they might not otherwise. Leave it up to the people whose opinions you care about, to judge you. If you don't care about the accuser's opinion anyway, then it really doesn't matter what they have to say about you. Otherwise it just starts a spat of flaming. I know you probably feel insulted by it but, like I say, you know you didn't cheat so just take it as a disguised compliment of your skills.

You were one of the first, and finest, hawker pilots I flew against in CFS1, and I would go so far as to say you were one of the best in my time there. I don't believe you cheated. The worst I would accuse you of is extreme fugliness.
Razz

#4: Re: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: WolfeLocation: Away Down South in Dixie, USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:37 pm
    ----
I will talk with Bear, heck, Berserker and I took ya'll one time, but I had to go. Didn't expect it to take as long as it did. I remember you snowman from my Apac days, not sure what the problem is but will check, as I said I had to go get my ol' lady from work and when I finally got back all were gone....

Wolfe (ex RAAF453_Wolfe, ex-APAC_Wolfhawk)

#5: Re: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:28 pm
    ----
NP Wolfe ,

I was having a great time , The way Bear treated me and Slicer was un exceptable , He also mentioned the rest of the guys thought the same thing. I normally dont get upset about this , I have been around quite along time and have heard this to many times to count , But i have NEVER been treated that way by anyone ... and thats saying alot.

I have applied at your forum's , and is awaiting Admin approval , See if anyone wants to talk to me over there. I hope your guys step up and stop things like this from happening again , or i fear NOONE will show up to future events.

#6: Re: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: WolfeLocation: Away Down South in Dixie, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:16 am
    ----
~S~ Snowman, and Slicer; on behalf of the 45th, we would like to extend our deepest apologises for Bear's outburst. He does NOT speak for the squad and disiplinary action is being taken. On behalf of the 45th, and the CO Gunny, we will be sending you and Slicer the award for the honorable win in the tournament. Well done and congratulations sirs. Sorry I had to leave before ours was completely done, but the ones we flew were well flown, I saw no problems myself. Also, ya'll will be recieving the 45th good game award. ~S!

Wolfe

#7: Re: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:41 am
    ----
Thanks Wolfe ,

It's not about the awards , It's about the friendships we build in game , which leads to great times in the air. I would love to talk to you guys via the SoS TS , Ventrilo or Forum's - ( Would use yours but im banned from TS , And Wilder deleted my posts saying the forums wernt the right place to talk about this ? ) I'm sure overall we can have some fun in the skies and maybe learn a little bit more about the game.

#8: Re: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: 45th_berserker PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:43 am
    ----
~S~ gents....

id like to add on to wolfes post....I, as the one who worked his tail off trying to bring this whole thing together,...my whole goal in all of this was to let everyone have a good time....and maybe add a spark into the game a lot of us once loved to fly....its amazing to see that it takes only 1 individual to send all of it into the crapper...... as wolfe said...this situation WILL be taken care of......I am just as upset about this as you guys are...

In my opinion..you guys flew a very good game and I tip my flight goggles to you....congrats on snowman and slicers win of the wingman tourney...job well done....

If you guys are in a cfs mood....dont be afraid to stop by our ts to see whats going on...(no you were NOT banned...)

~S~...and congrats again

45th_Berserker

#9: Re: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:19 am
    ----
Great news Berserker ,

Sure i'll see you very soon.

#10: Re: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:46 am
    ----
See?
I tole ya they're good sports really.

Surprised at Bear though.
Flew him on the Zone a few times and had a couple of good tussles with him. Seemed to be one of the 45th's better pilots but still a good sport, etc.
Nice to hear the 45th are following up and doing something about it.
Heard a few voices who were a bit surprised hearing all of this..., 'cept the bit about Snow being fugly.
Could understand it more if it wuz a room full of goo-lookin' folks (like meself) and they'd wanted to keep the fuglies away.

*whistles

#11: Re: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:55 pm
    ----
Im a sexy man Shades ... Don't be ashamed of them there feelin's Wink

#12: Re: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:14 pm
    ----
ROFL Snowy...

#13: Re: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: 45th_CO_Gunny PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:38 pm
    ----
~S~ Snowman & Slicer;
Bear has been with the 45th for many years and we have had some trouble with his temper and he has been warned many times but he has always been a good friend to me and others in the 45th. I can not control what members think but I can control there actions, so with that said it is with a heavy hart that I inform you the 45th Jag and I have suspended 45th_Bear for 6 months and he was busted from Upper Rear Admiral down to Commander for conduct unbecoming an Officer of the 45th Peacemakers.
You two are not in any way band from the 45th comm and we invite you to come and fly with us again anytime. ~S!

45th_FAdml.Gunny
CO of the 45th Peacemakers

#14: Re: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:34 pm
    ----
Wow.
Not my business, and it's great that 45th take such a view and that they're prepared to take such a stand in these situations, but man!
Now I feel sorry for Bear.
Six months suspension?
Geeze.
Poor guy's gonna smart from that.
I woulda spoken for Snowy and Bear in similar situations.
Both good guys.
Such a shame this happened.

Mebbe if someone were to just teach Bear how it's done might be a better way solving the problem for the future and keep everyone's enthusiasm up for the game at the same time (?).

#15: Re: Wingman Tourney New date and time Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:37 pm
    ----
Man , Sounds like there has been issues with Bear in the past , If this is what it takes ... I guess you guys would know. In no way shape or form did i intend or wish this for Bear - Mainly i was looking for a mature conversation where we could have settled this.

I offered my apologies , If there was anyother way to handle this , I really would have.

-> CFS1