SLI Problems
-> Hardware

#1: SLI Problems Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:01 pm
    ----
-S-

A friend of mine just went to SLI, 2 x 256 meg cards, PCI express, 6800 me thinks, " Lock On " runs great now but Pacific Fighters has many problems...eg stick problems, no throttle control and the game jumps and flicks alot, almost un flyable now. The game ran great with one card in single player and on HL, now runs like crap...any suggestions..???

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#2: Re: SLI Problems Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:13 pm
    ----
Check he's running the most recent drivers.
Only thing I can think of.

#3: Re: SLI Problems Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:37 pm
    ----
Also tell 'm to check in the control panel that he has SLI cards enabled, sometimes one tends to forget that ! Confused

#4: Re: SLI Problems Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:05 am
    ----
Also in NVidia control panel go to "Performance and Quality" and be sure to set the Active Profile to Pacific Fighters or IL2 what ever the case may be. Always use the Active Profile for each different game he plays. To get there right click on desktop anywhere blank, go to setting, then advanced, then on the tab that list his card ie GeForce 6800 and then to Performance and Quality tab then on the right side click the down arrow under Active Profile. Hope this Helps!!!

#5: Re: SLI Problems Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:51 pm
    ----
I have to run PF in OPEN GL...

In DirectX I got a bad case of stutters (it may be the other way around now that I think about it... Will have to check when I get off tonight...)... have him try the one he is not using.

PS - just 128 MB cards (2) 6600GTs & Asus PCIE MB

#6: Re: SLI Problems Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:47 pm
    ----
If PF was installed before the graphics update, remember to run the setup program to configure your graphics first.

#7: Re: SLI Problems Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:49 pm
    ----
-S-

Thanks for the info...I will forward your ideas to him...

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#8: Re: SLI Problems Author: Chuck_71st PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:19 pm
    ----
Ya old thread but, from experiance....PF likes split frame rendering best. Alternate frame makes it run bad, make sure your using your profiles.

-> Hardware