Re: Bosnian Armor...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Re: Bosnian Armor... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:53 am
    ----
Found this photo,

Destroyed armour on the Inter Entity Boundary Line. Doboj,
Multinational Division North.

SFOR ONLINE

Regards,
Don

#2: Re: Re: Bosnian Armor... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:02 am
    ----
A couple of interesting photos,...didn't know I had them.

(Notes added to explain photos)

Entry access road into one of the large Weapon Storage Sites.

British Chopper landing on Base Camp. British General visiting to welcome 'us' to Bosnia.

Our 'four-duece' Mortars being shown to visiting Italian SFOR personnel.

Typical 'Combat Patrol' stages prior to departure. Vehicles are the 1st generation XM1114's.

Something for everyone...
Enjoy

#3: Re: Re: Bosnian Armor... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:53 pm
    ----
Camp Demi was located near the town of Kladanj. The Camp is in a valley beside the 'ZOS' (Zone of Separation) in the South Eastern part of the MND-North sector.

This is Camp Demi antenna tower, when we arrived in March 99.

Visiting SFOR personnel check out the Medic M113A3:

The East Gate. Pedistrian traffic accessed the Camp here.

The 1st CAV Color Guard during the Battalion (Task Force) Change of Command:

Don

#4: Re: Re: Bosnian Armor... Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:01 am
    ----
And my favourite foreign language phrase, "STOJ! Illi pucam!" (STOY!! Illi POOT-sam")

"Stop or I'll shoot!" in Bosnian. And this proves my 6-mos there weren't wasted.

#5: Re: Re: Bosnian Armor... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:04 am
    ----
This is a photo of me giving the Washington Redskin Cheerleaders my standard Welcome & Area Briefing.

As NCOIC of the TOC, I had to conduct several such VIP (USO) briefings.
I also briefed the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. Several touring Music groups including Larry Gatlin, The Bellamy Brothers,....and Joan Jett.

I would selecte my junior personnel to give Military VIP's the standard AOR Briefing. This way my subordinates received COmmanders Coins, if they did a good briefing.

Its a terrible job,...but someone had to do it....

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board