Cockpit/Panel for The Grumman Goose_G21A
-> FSX

#1: Cockpit/Panel for The Grumman Goose_G21A Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:49 pm
    ----
Hi, everyone and sorry if I am posting an old topic (just in case)

Can anyone guide to a good cockpit/panel for the Grumman_Goose_G21A

Please?

#2: Re: Cockpit/Panel for The Grumman Goose_G21A Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:53 pm
    ----
Mr. Green Smile Who ever reads this topic in future...
I found A FANTASTIC PANEL FOR THE GOOSE G212A here: noflyzone.mindstrain.com/index.html
Totaly compatible with FSX

Unfortunately, I lost my Maule M7_260C "Wheeled" version trying to do the same. Can anyone help me find it again, I think I deleted it from the HD and don't want to reinstall.

Have fun with the panel it's an .exe file Mr. Green Mr. Green

#3: Re: Cockpit/Panel for The Grumman Goose_G21A Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:25 pm
    ----
WARNING!!!!

There could be a sound issue here!

My engines in the Ghoose sound full throttle when It opens in 2D cabin... And all views Until I give it full throttle they don't descerelate.And it sounds like there is another sound crossing over?!?...

Just updated driver for my card,and it didn't help. opened the aircraft folder and found two sound.cfgs. one was backup??? I temporarily moved it out to desktop to test and it made no difference; Both files seem to contain the same lines,
So I put it back.
Strangely the same thing happenes to Tom Gibsons GA C46. Nothing wrong with any of the other planes.

I'm at loss with this issue Crying or Very sad

#4: Re: Cockpit/Panel for The Grumman Goose_G21A Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:55 pm
    ----
All I know is with some add-on FS9 aircraft (particularly my beloved Super Deke), my engine sounds sometimes aren't mathching the throttle input, I can get full-throttle sound when switching views on final with the throttle pulled back, but I just blip the throttle and that fixes it.

What I don't quite understand is why or what are you doing with the Goose, or if it's an addon, or if you're modifying the Goose that comes with the sim....which is already awesome in every way, including the stock panel.

#5: Re: Cockpit/Panel for The Grumman Goose_G21A Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:37 pm
    ----
Sad Stoopy: as you surely know FSX std has the fokders of some aircraft included on FSX D'luxe All this foldders need is a panel to make the models flyable; well as I have posted I found a really good site to download good panels Including v/c for these plane. Obviously I took advantage of these and inatalled the Grumman Ghoose inyo my FSX std; I don't want to sound stingy But already FSX std costs here in DK quite a bit of money, So I thought if I can make/get the extra planes to fly, like the Ghoose and the Maules I'll be satisfied for a while...
So...Lets remember we are talking about FSX aircraft.

The only issue; which is beyond my understanding is this sound issue, which as I mentioned happens on the Ghoose and Tom Gibsons GA C46, Strangely...

All this is; Is someonoe designed panels and v/c's for these extra airplanes in FSX std and others, with improvements.

Herer: noflyzone.mindstrain.com/index.html
check it out...

#6: Re: Cockpit/Panel for The Grumman Goose_G21A Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:45 pm
    ----
Oh. Actually, no I didn't know that - I wasn't aware of what planes did or didn't come with the standard version nor did I know they were' "kinda" included and coudl be made to work. Thanks for educating me.

The decision to release two versions was one that just causes pain and confusion in the end, unfortunately. They shoulda never did it.

#7: Re: Cockpit/Panel for The Grumman Goose_G21A Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:45 am
    ----
Smile Stoopy: It's been a long time since...Well there ya' go.

But I continue with the sound issue, which is a pain, strangely this only happens on addon propeller aircraft Sad And it's a pain. I have all driver up to date. Is there anything you can advice?

#8: Re: Cockpit/Panel for The Grumman Goose_G21A Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:40 pm
    ----
berlopez, I have it too and I believe it's just a common problem. I've found a very quick way to get rid of it is by tapping the "Q" key twice (sound enable/disable) and it clears up. Doesn't even require any throttle manipulation.

#9: Re: Cockpit/Panel for The Grumman Goose_G21A Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:38 am
    ----
Smile Yeah! I've tried that too, And as you say it seems to be the only thing to do; Are you running Vista too?
To me, without knowing any better it seems like a conflict in the drivers data base???
Rolling Eyes

#10: Re: Cockpit/Panel for The Grumman Goose_G21A Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:02 am
    ----
Nope, I'm on XP and I believe it's just a minor FSX "thing". Really doesn't bother me much if at all but when I do notice it (usually on final approach when I'm listening to the engine RPM while dialing in all the minor adjustments to set up for landing) that's what I do.

#11: Re: Cockpit/Panel for The Grumman Goose_G21A Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:30 am
    ----
Confused I've heard about this too, the minor FSX thingy and combination with Vista.

I'll never understand why MS marketed both products as if they were meant for each other...That's not the case!...There's a long way to go still...

Thanks for sharing yoour opinions with me... Smile

#12: Re: Cockpit/Panel for The Grumman Goose_G21A Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:20 pm
    ----
berlopez, it should come as no surprise that as in any industry, there's frequently a tragic disconnect between Engineering and Marketing. I won't say what side of the fence I'm on, but let's just say that what makes my real-world job the most difficult is the "promises" made by marketing gurus who don't always bother to check if the thing they're actively promoting without anyone else's knowledge is even technically possible.... Wink

And like I said already, it's a problem for me on XP (not Vista, I don't use Vista) so it's not really a "FSX thingy and combination with Vista". Just a basic, little, and easy-to-work-around little glitchy thing in FSX only, no more no less as I see it.

-> FSX