The Spartan in fsX
-> FSX

#1: The Spartan in fsX Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:34 pm
    ----
Rolling Eyes

Just to give ya gang an idea as at what we've been tinkering on............

Spartan viewpoint at landing gear (cgf edit by JG300-Stoopy)

Spartan viewpoint at left wing (cgf edit by JG300-Stoopy)

Spartan viewpoint at frontal view (cgf edit by JG300-Stoopy)

Spartan viewpoint at left wing (cgf edit by JG300-Stoopy)

Spartan viewpoint at rear end view (cgf edit by JG300-Stoopy)

testing is still going on and not all glitches are ironed out yet, but we are working on it full force.

Helpers are urged to report fer duty Wink

enjoy !

fled
Cool

#2: Re: The Spartan in fsX Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:48 pm
    ----
Reporting in Sir!!

#3: Re: The Spartan in fsX Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:46 pm
    ----
Here, please!

#4: Re: The Spartan in fsX Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:23 pm
    ----
Actually.......make ya a deal, Fled......

You do your thing with that one, and I'll get goin' on this one......because it NEEDS to be done.......additional liveries, thumbnails, custom internal VC views, external views, the works (except for the original AC as per Milton's standards, of course)......

Sound like a plan????

#5: Re: The Spartan in fsX Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:25 pm
    ----
Shocked

in approx 20 min from now the beta file will be finished uploading .... Rolling Eyes

I'll PM ya zhe link for you to exercise your guineepiglet talents on those elusive cockpit views Laughing

there are NO thumbnails in it .....yet...............working on those ........

was planning to do it the way you did 'm for the Howard if that's OK Laughing

As for the 520 GREAT STUFF !! as that is such a wonderfull aircraft, just say what I need to do ....... final wrappings ? Wink
I've lost track of the number of paintjobs for that baby ........ need to do a recount Laughing

fled
Cool

#6: Re: The Spartan in fsX Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:28 am
    ----
OOoooooooOOOhhh boy.......on the Aero Commander........well I mighta bitten off a bit to chew...but I'll get the basics done, if you wanna do the final wrappings that's fine.

We do have a bit of a problem with it to consider, though. There are, actually, far more variants to include than somethign like the Howard or Beech. Instead of a Regular, and Cargo version, there are, in fact, these variants, all of which were released seperately at different times in the evolution of the series:

Aero Commander 500
Aero Commander 500 Cargo

Aero Commander 500S ("Shrike" Commander)
(shorter nose)

Aero Commander 520
Aero Commander 520 Cargo

Aero Commander 560

Aero Commander 680 Super

The cargo versions can be grouped with the non-cargo versions with the same variant number, they just add a model to the folder.......but that's all, I believe. I don't know (and don't expect) that the various repaints I've collected will transfer across to many others. A 520-specific repaint may just work with the 520, and not the 500 or 560.

Also, there are various updates to many of the models at Milton's site.

AND, that's not even mentioning the "No VC" versions of all the above! Suffice to say, I'm working off the VC versions since, well, if this is for FSX, it's a given that anyone would want that.....

So the bottom line is, yep, I'll make a full-blown FSX-style "tweak" for thumbs, views, etc etc etc......but in truth, held as a seperate package, it's not easy or fun to illustrate to others exactly what files and updates, in what order, to install first since we don't include the actual AC in our "collections".

Well at any rate it explains why I was always somewhat confused about it myself (and your statement about loosing track of repaints too) so I'm gonna be straightening it out on my end for sure, for starters....seems to be the first order of business either way.

It's just too damn beautiful NOT to!!!!!!!!!

#7: Re: The Spartan in fsX Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 am
    ----
Well it sure took awhile, and I found a fairly important error in an FSX package on Milton's site (in case he checks in here, or maybe I'll email him?) but after getting all the different flavors, and then versions, and versions of updates sorted out, all the basics are there.

I'll add what liveries I found that are decent, and views, and start a whole 'nother thread on this plane.

I know Milton is "retired" or at least slowing down on this *good to see him having his hand in) and doesn't have FSX and doesn't plan on developing for it.....but hopefully he'll be pleased.

#8: Re: The Spartan in fsX Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:19 pm
    ----
Well done Stoopy!!

Fled, I have the Spartan downloaded and will start working on the 'bugs'...:wink:

-> FSX