Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#121: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:06 pm
    ----
Man that's a beautiful ride Ascout.......

Yuse guys are lucky Mr. Green

#122: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:58 pm
    ----
OK, let's try this again....the " '06 Hurst Mustang -Ascout Signature Edition" (eat your heart out, Eddie Bauer....)

#123: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:29 pm
    ----
Beautiful!

I don't know why, but one of the biggest things I don't like about the new Mustangs is that piece of clear plastic in front of the headlights. I think it would be tons better without that there...

#124: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:11 pm
    ----
- XcalibeR
Beautiful!

I don't know why, but one of the biggest things I don't like about the new Mustangs is that piece of clear plastic in front of the headlights. I think it would be tons better without that there...

As various colored replacements are available, they must be easily removable. I haven't checked them out closely.

#125: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:40 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
OK, let's try this again....the " '06 Hurst Mustang -Ascout Signature Edition" (eat your heart out, Eddie Bauer....)

I just can't believe how good that looks. Words like "Spectacular" come to mind and just don't do it justice. That's just absolutely fine in every way, and I'm sure, has Mr. Baeur shaking in his supple ostrich-skinned boots. Copyright the "Ascout Signature Edition" ASAP!!!!

My god it's hard to stop looking at that!

#126: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:58 pm
    ----
Ahh...before I forget....speaking of absolutely fine autos, here's a couple pics I snapped at a local SCCA autocross meet I went to....was a good time and a real great buncha folks!

Here's "Jaws" sitting in the lot with some other participants before inspection - there was a Lotus Europa there, which was pretty cool (didn't do as well as I thought it would) and a rather beautiful blue car of some type parked nose-to-nose with mine.....

THIS guy was cool - brought his '70 Dodge Challenger with a tri-power 440 and auto to go snakin' around the cones. Had a totally great attitude and just didn't car about making a fast time in this boat, just there to smoke the tires, get the rear end loose and have fun! Which was a good thing, because he didn't make one run without going off course from losing track of the cones, which is why his wife is riding along as spotter in this run......

....A Shelby A/C Cobra "Clone" with 302 power on the course ...THIS guy DID care about his times, as the little video camera mounted behind the cockpit demonstrates, so he can go home and review his runs, in order to someday be good enough to beat his nemesis, which is....

..THIS guy!!! This machine is built/driven by a coworker friend of mine, and it's a TR-6 in skin only, basically. The rear half is all tube frame with a 9" Ford rearend and 4.11 gears, and up front there's a Ford 351W motor stroked to 408 cubes and pushing around 500HP....the shaker hood is a nice touch as well. This car ahs so much power it's really more for the dragstrip but he replaced the auto trans with 4-speed toploader and now goes road racing - the autocross stuff is fun just to see how long he can keep it from sliding all overthe place!

#127: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:04 pm
    ----
Ahhh...the Lotus Europa....used to run against them "back in the day". They ain't that great...mucho skinny tires and a pitiful Renault engine, as I recall. And if you think one must feel vulnerable in Miata on the freeway, Europa's has zero visibility (in or out....did you note the rear window?!) and wouldn't have even felt as a speed bump to a truck. They looked wicked cool, but had no grunt.

That Triumph(in-name-only) is way cool...bet it understeers like hell but must be big fun! (As you know, I have a special place in my "heart" for Trumpets....)
Great pics!

#128: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: RAF92_WarhawkLocation: Houston, TX! PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:07 pm
    ----
Wow Ascout, that is definetely a nice ride!!

-> Officer's Club