Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#16: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:28 am
    ----
HOLY SHEEZUS CRIMINY that's a NICE truck fr8ycat!!!

Hey y'know you're exactly right about buying after Xmas....picked up my Chevy on the last day of the year in 1994, and MAN they were anxious to make a deal. Been one heck of a great vehicle too....146K and still on the original clutch, shocks, and front brakes even. No drivetrain repairs at all, and it stands up well to regular punishment, stress-relieving burnouts and other hooliganisms.

LMAO as far as an alternate commuter it's kinda the same thing here......also have a Honda that I take to work whenever possiblel, and they ain't bad, I dig mine.....not a Civic tho, more like half of one I guess

#17: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:44 am
    ----
Le' Jeep.....Hella lights set in close in lieu of actually owning a '67 GT500...besides, I had to hide that soccer mom chrome grill.

and an oldish pic of my hotrod XL (Works Performance race shocks, Andrews cams, Screaming Eagle ignition, 1204cc kit, Swiss spec. 125 tooth belt and sprocket set, and a bunch of other stuff not visibly evident. Wink

#18: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:04 pm
    ----
Youre stupid pic gave me a virus

#19: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:16 am
    ----
- {92}_BattleHawk

As one is posted here on Com-Central and the other on Photobucket...and both hotlinked images AND my original images just passed file scans on my end, perhaps you could be more specific if you're going to make such assertions.

#20: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:25 am
    ----
LOL!! Battlehawk its not a virus! Its just the ebajebas you got from thinking about riding Ascouts cool suped up sportster Mr. Green I got them too. Id really like to twist the throtle on it for a while And the honda too! I love them bikes.

#21: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 am
    ----
Nice bikes guys! I have thought about getting one myself. Used to ride dirt bikes as a teen (until girls became more inportant Twisted Evil )

Ascout, did you take that pic of your Sportster? Nice one, looks like and advertisement pic, very professional Mr. Green

#22: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:02 am
    ----
- fr8ycat
Nice bikes guys! I have thought about getting one myself. Used to ride dirt bikes as a teen (until girls became more inportant Twisted Evil )

Ascout, did you take that pic of your Sportster? Nice one, looks like and advertisement pic, very professional Mr. Green

Yup, Thanks!...I tooked it...over at a little industrial park in Carlsbad, CA. Just my old Minolta chemical camera.

Older still, is my FX...(kicker only) taken in '79

and fuzzy Photobucket from same time:

Somewhere around is my old Ducati 900SS...boy, that looked great on film!

#23: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:09 pm
    ----
AHHH, A carefree young man and his bike. Very cool.

Every weekend up here (Spring and Summer months) the bikers come through town heading over to "The Rock" cafe/bar down the road in Lake Hughes. Bikes lined up and down both sides of the street and filling the dirt lot, pretty cool.

Nice pics, I can see that last one on the inside cover of the March 79 issue of Easy Rider Mag. Wink

Maybe someday I'll have one, after the Cat is restored Cool

#24: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:12 pm
    ----
- {92}_BattleHawk

um.... somhow I doubt that buddy.... Confused

#25: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:13 pm
    ----
Ahhh. Here it is. Rode this for about a year in Colorado...sold it to a beer distributor over near Aspen....heard he wadded it off hiway 52 one day...but wasn't seriously hurt....the bike was a total loss. Rolling Eyes

#26: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: {92}WarhawkLocation: In the clouds PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:27 pm
    ----
- {92}_BattleHawk

LMAO, your computer probably already has every virus known to man

#27: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:51 pm
    ----
- {92}_WARHAWK
- {92}_BattleHawk

LMAO, your computer probably already has every virus known to man

LOL!! now thats funny! Good thing i was done drinking coffee or i would of had to clean my computer up again Mr. Green

#28: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:41 pm
    ----
Good lord Ascout........those are SWEET bikes! I bet the year on that Ducati went by entirely too fast!

#29: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:40 pm
    ----
OK...since this became the Mo'cycle forum...here are some more of my brood over the years...

First, the FX didn't start out like the other pic...this is it in the first year..bought at "Cycle Salvage" in Charleston SC...and I wish I had a pic of it THEN! Yuchh...Pooey...had bats on tank and rear fender (in Emron...VERY hard!...SANDBLASTING wouldn't remove it..had to use a wire wheel)...had 12" over forks, and a nasty King/Queen throne seat...
This is how I road it for about 2 years...:

It took a while before it looked like this:

after that...I gave up bikes for about 10 years until I got this from a barn in Wichita Falls, TX...and it didn't look like THIS, either....I rebuilt/restored it..rode a couple of years...sold to a rich Japanese businessman who road it to Stugis one year and then shipped it to Japan. I could visit for a year at the Harley Dealer floor "museum" until he shipped it back...they kept it on display with their classic collection (Rocky Mtn. HD in Denver, if you're wondering) I was riding this in Texas and Tenn when Terminator 2" came out...and with my white top half shell helmet and leather flight jacket, most motorists thought I was a cop at first glance...I know this because I used to make brake lights go on ALL OVER the place!

Then...I started to make a little money and bought this in '92, the first new one I ever owned...this is my slight mod of it. Also raced it at Bandimere in Denver, CO and it ran in the 14's...not bad for a 700lb bike!

Then...after I owned the Ducati...I got speed lust and wanted a fast Harley so I bought this cheapo 883 stock Sporty for about 6,000 new at Freedom HD in Denver...then completely tore down and modified it.
This is a highly modified (but stock looking) XL set up to look like a '68-'70 but is actually a '94 or'95 (I forget) with about double factory horsepower. Only has about 8,000 miles on it and I'm willing to sell it if anyone is interested. Real value with all stuff is about $10K, but I'd probably take $8K if you do the shipping. All steel braided lines, 1204cc Wiseco Pistons, Screaming Eagle Ign. module, Andrews cams, Swiss belt and sprocket, Works Perf. shocks, too much to list here, but I have receipts. Paint by famous Michael Berg of Denver, CO ...that's a Chrysler Gold to look sorta like the '69 color. Famous XR guru and writer Allan Girdler saw this bike (he lives close by in Rainbow, CA) and heartily approved!
It's run in the 12's at Carlsbad raceway (just playing on a few weekends for tunings' sake)...and if you change the heads or put bigger valves in it, it would certainly get into the high 11's.
It's in San Diego (in my garage) if anyone is interested.... Wink

#30: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:04 am
    ----
Speechless here! Gorgeous bikes and beautiful work!!!

Interesting front fender swap on your Sportster.

-> Officer's Club