Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#46: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:15 pm
    ----
LOL,

My Cherokee had the 4 banger in it, think it was 1.2 ltr. very weak for highway driving etc., but was a great little off roader/hill climber.

I have enough vehicles filling up my driveway and garage for now.

2003 Taurus SES (wifes)
2004 F150, 2005 Honda Civic & 68 Cougar (mine)
1994 Chevy Caprice, ex-cop car (kids)

Talked to my brother inlaw yesterday and he was trying to sell me his Honda Shadow. 5K miles, wanted 3500.

#47: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:14 pm
    ----
Ascout - hey as you know, I only know poco about HD's (can tell a Sportster from a Road King from a Dynaglide, that's about it) but I did notice a few other things on your Sportster that are interesting; like how you cleaned up the down-tubes by removing the side reflector, and what's the story on the left-hand mirror? Interesting look, I noticed it back when you posted the pic of that bike on the old forum and always wanted to ask.

Very nice work on it!!!!

Speaking of Sporters, I was thumbing through a magazine and this caught my eye, figured it was interesting enuff to share......a street legal "Street Tracker" bike by Mert Lawwill of dirt-track fame, loosely based on the 1200 Sportster. Man, personally I think this is the SEXIEST custom bike I've seen bar none, guess it reminds me too much of my dear old trusty Honda CL450K in a way, the raised exhaust and all, I dig a bike that can get off the pavement and man this thing looks like all business and a real HOOT to get out in the dirt with, flat-footin' it around the corners....this is the bike to do the Steve McQueen "Great Escape" jump in!

Comes in any color you want, as long as it's Tangerine and Silver!

Intersting info about the bike, and Mert, at hiswebsite...he's also working up this cool prosthetic for riders who have lost a hand, so they can ride again with a safe grip on the bars.....cool dude, and good reading I thought...
www.mertlawwill.com/home.htm

#48: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:56 am
    ----
Thats a cool looking bike for sure. That sure gripe is cool!! When i was a kid i had a friends dad that rode dirt bike with us and he had lost his left arm. It was cool how he had put the clutch on the right bar and used to run the throtle and clutch and control the bike all with just his right hand.And he did a really good job at it.

#49: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:37 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Ascout - hey as you know, I only know poco about HD's (can tell a Sportster from a Road King from a Dynaglide, that's about it) but I did notice a few other things on your Sportster that are interesting; like how you cleaned up the down-tubes by removing the side reflector, and what's the story on the left-hand mirror? Interesting look, I noticed it back when you posted the pic of that bike on the old forum and always wanted to ask.

If you mean, what's with one round and one rectangular...they are both round, now. the rectangular ones were factory...and had too long stems for my downturned bars (and my aesthetic sense). I had one short right hand hanging around, and bought one round one to replace the one on the left. That wasn't traditional enough and I replaced the one on the right with a round one also. So....to answer your question: "No....I didn't drop it!" Wink

Oh...here is one of Steve Storz' Sporty conversion kits...also cool:

#50: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:34 pm
    ----

I like this mustang the best Cool

#51: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:58 pm
    ----
I like this mustang too Mr. Green

#52: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: SpostaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:04 am
    ----
That's a fine Mustang, Needacar. Cool paint!

But is that a Corvette in your signature? I was always under the impression
that you had to choose one or the other. [Mustang vs. Corvette] Laughing

#53: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:43 pm
    ----
Yeah its my dad's vette that i race everyother weekend at Corvette club events, and my mustang i race the other weekends

#54: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:01 am
    ----
Hmmmmmmm!!!!

Somewhat back to the original topic, anyone follow Grand-Am racing?

Looks like the new Mustang GT's are tearing up the Grand-Am Cup GS Class, whippin' on Beemers and Porschies...something like 4 wins in 5 races so far, and the leading team is....(drum roll)....the Canadian team of "Multimatic Motorsports"! Gawd bless them Canucks, again!

Still isn't a Shelby GT500 version (and from what I've read you won't see THAT car until 2007, and then only if you have inside connections would you really be able to purchase one unless you're willing to pay a very stiff over-MSRP premium...regular GT's are hard enough to find in-stock and at MSRP anyways).

But it DOES look sweet all dressed up for the track!

Th'wife hates the color of the first Mustang in this shot, I kinda like it, even though it is "baby poop brown".....

Speedy Canucks take the checkered flag at the California 200......must be because it's located in "Ontario" CA...get it? huh? Get it? Hahahaha!

Only thing is, a GS-class version of the Pontiac GTO* is now (finally) ready to roll and it's a very serious machine.....I'm not well-educated on this racing series but it looks like things are going to get very interesting.....the stock "street" GTO has a 100HP advantage on the new Mustang GT (400HP vs 300HP) although it's heavier and in street form they run close to the same quarter-mile times with the displacement and torque advantage going to the GTO...but having recently test-drove one it is an AWESOME machine even if nothing much to look at in comparison to the new Mustang...beauty is in the eye tho....and both are VERY nice in their own right.

Feels like the old days again! To bad we don't have a REAL Dodge Charger anymore!

* aka Holden Monaro

LATE EDIT: ..D'OH! Stupid me.......looks like the Pontiac GTO-R is in a whole different racing class..."Rolex" series as opposed to the GS series....plus it's a tube-frame thing and not the real chassis like the 'Stang, so I guess we don't see actual Ford and Pontiac cars dukin' it out in the same league...ratfarts!!!

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total

#55: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: SpostaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:27 am
    ----
Yeah, that yellow one looks like mustard when it sits in the sun too long, YEEEESH!

Haven't driven one, but the new Charger just doesn't do much for me either. But i must say the push bars on this black and white look TOUGH! Looks like a wild boar charging.

#56: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:54 am
    ----
LOL!!! Careful now, Sposta...it's almost the same color as your avatar!

Nice shot of the new Charger! I love Mopars too and was excited when this was announced a couple years ago, but it takes some getting used to, that's for sure....looked kinda "fugly" to me at first, plus...4 doors on a Charger?? Didn't make sense...until I saw it only comes with an automatic also, so it must be targeted toward a slightly different crowd. Saw a cream-colored one on the road the other day and almost thought I was looking at an overgrown VW Fastback from the 60's...better shut mah mouth before I dig a deeper hole.....oops accidentally posted a couple other pictures....hate it when that happens......

The cop version looks WAY wicked though....!

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:17 am; edited 3 times in total

#57: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:05 am
    ----
Dangit...more pictures accidentally posted again! I HATE this keyboard!!!

"And when we designed this body, we remembered them!"

Another color doesn't seem to help.....

Confused....can't focus my eyes anymore...need to look at pic of Ascout's black Boss 429 'Stang to regain control........

#58: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: SpostaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:32 am
    ----
That's funny you should mention my avatar, Stoopy. I was thinking the vary same when i submitted that post.

Freakish similarity between the Volkswagen and the Dodge. They're, closer than kissing cousins.

#59: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:10 pm
    ----
I think the cone that that fifth driver is running over has taken it's share of abuse...

#60: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:30 pm
    ----
The Chevy must of already went by when thay snaped that picture Mr. Green
I don't like fords but that new mustang looks preaty sweet.

-> Officer's Club