New AMPS Website
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: New AMPS Website Author: tankmodelerLocation: Ontario PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:50 pm
    ----
While we know that AMPS has been pretty quite for a lot of the last year, there have been several projects going on in the background that members may not have been aware of and a lot of them seem to be bearing fruit at the same time.

You've seen that Boresight is getting back on schedule, that we are starting special issues on single topics and that we have an exciting new vendor discount program for members. Next on the list was an updated web site and Phase 1 that project is now live online. In the words of our webmaster, Chuck Rothman:

The website has undergone a major update. From the user's perspective, the following features have been added:

1. You can edit discussion group entries that you have posted
2. Discussion group entries can include formatting, such as bold, different colours, and different font sizes.
3. The Kit Listing section has been expanded. AMPS paid members can now enter kit listing records, and anyone can comment on existing records
4. A Model Photo Gallery has been added, where you can upload pictures of your models
5. The Real Vehicle Gallery has been expanded so that AMPS paid members can upload photo collections of real vehicles.
6. The Boresight article index has been expanded, and AMPS members can now download selected Boresight articles from past issues (note- the article database is being overhauled right now, so there isn't very much in there yet - this will be completed over the next month).

There are new features still to come, such as the Tank-o-pedia - a one stop compendium of everything to do with armoured vehicles, sorted by vehicle and variant. If you ever need a reference about where a particular bolt was located on a Tiger, or want to know what after-market kits are available for an M13-40, make the AMPS Tank-o-pedia your first stop. The Tank-o-pedia should be online prior to the AMPS 2007 International Show in April.

I hope you enjoy this new site. If you have any questions, drop me an email (go to "Contact Us" and select Webmaster).

Chuck Rothman
AMPS Webmaster

I'd like to thank Chuck for the huge amount of work that this has entailed over the last couple of months at a time when I know he has been very busy at home and at work.

I hope all of you enjoy the new site as a lot of the AMPS site is open to everyone, but members will find extra benefits for them that will continue to increase as we add more members-only content in addition to the open conent.

If you have any questions or comments, you can email me at:
tankmodeler@rogersdotcom replace the "dot" with "."

Paul

-> AFV News Discussion Board