V1.0 of the Canada Historical AFV Register is now available!
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: V1.0 of the Canada Historical AFV Register is now available! Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:42 pm
    ----
I couldnt fit this in the subject line of the tacked USA register thread, so here we go...

You can download direct via this link:

216.176.86.154/afv/Canada_AFVs.pdf

Any comments, corrections, additions and suggestions are welcome - with the adjoinder of I'll be more receptive to suggestions that dont require a major rewrite or reorg of the file. If someone wants to take it and turn it into HTML, pdf or a map, great - go to it!

Feel free to comment via this thread - in fact we could keep this thread going for official comments & updates...

I should also add my thanks to Lesley Delsing for his original draft, Alf Adams, Bruce Clark & many others - not all on this board - for the input & help.

For the time being, I have used an old picture of "Forceful" from when it was at the GGFG armoury in Ottawa on the cover. I'd like to use a picture of the one of the Sherman "war trophies" as representative of all the Canadian Shermans on display. So if anyone has good pictures of "Bomb" (Sherbrooke), "Cathy" (Trois-Rivieres) or "Holy Roller" (London), please let me know.

I did also start the Europe AFV Register during the holidays, but its at least as long as the USA Register and unfortunately now has lower priority again due to school... That being said Pierre-Olivier may get something done with a France Register in the interim...

Neil

#2: Re: V1.0 of the Canada Historical AFV Register is now available! Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:17 pm
    ----
Neil:

There is one gross spelling mistake you have to correct before going any further. In Canada, the proper spelling is ARMOUR not some truncated lazy typesetter's shortcut without the - U -.

There are a few omissions that time will rectify, otherwise good job.

#3: Re: V1.0 of the Canada Historical AFV Register is now available! Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:52 pm
    ----
<sigh> Got it, fixed... And I'll leave out my rant about American English being the de facto standard, dominant English...

Neil

#4: Re: V1.0 of the Canada Historical AFV Register is now available! Author: shermanfreak PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:10 pm
    ----
Nice work Neil, greatly appreciated.

Spotted 1 error while quickly going through the list.
London, Ontario - Holy Roller is a M4A2 not a M4A4

-> AFV News Discussion Board