First Styrker kit?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: First Styrker kit? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:15 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

I was just checking Terry Ashley's PMMS site. The New Kit section on AFV Club has some test shots of their coming Stryker kit.

www.perthmilitarymodel...v35126.htm

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Last edited by Roy_A_Lingle on Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: First Styrker kit? Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:08 pm
    ----
Looks mighty pretty, and 'eyeball' accurate too. Can an aftermarket (or updated kit) Slat cage be far behind?

#3: Re: First Styrker kit? Author: Burik PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:28 pm
    ----
The kit looks very good. It appears the airguard hatches are molded shut - a shame since most of the time they are open. The wheels are very good lookiing. Overall, I am impressed with what I can see.

I have heard rumors of slat coming out, but it will be expensive!

Bob

#4: Re: First Styrker kit? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:11 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Another update over at Terry's PMMS site. Under the New Kits section he has a link to Prime Portal which has some photo of the toy fair in Nuremberg Germany.

In the Trumpeter section, there are some photo of their Stryker ICV.

www.primeportal.net/mo...g_2007.htm

www.perthmilitarymodel...s/newf.htm

Also check out Italeri for their newest line up. Looks like a good year for more armored cars.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#5: Re: First Styrker kit? Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:56 pm
    ----
"Gasp!" Italieri releasing a 1:35 Staghound kit? Be still my heart. Did you know Staghound, Commando and the recent M1117 have the same diameter roadwheels?

#6: Re: First Styrker kit? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:54 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Another update. Terry has the Trumpeter kit and has posted a review of it.
From the sounds of it, Trumpeter didn't do that great of a job this time around.

www.perthmilitarymodel...r00375.htm

I sure hope AFV Club and Dragon do a better job.
Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#7: Re: First Styrker kit? Author: Burik PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:33 am
    ----
The Trumpeter kit is based on a pre-production vehicle, so has a number of problems if you wish to depict most vehicles. In addition, the RWS is kind of weak, I think. So, out of the box you are limited to depicting initial testing and certifciation scenerios.

Bob

#8: Re: First Styrker kit? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:41 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Check out Terry's PMMS site today. He now has test shots of AFV Club's kit. Looks like the kit is complete and maybe ready.

www.perthmilitarymodel...v35126.htm

Two things I noticed was AFV did a much better job on the drive shafts than Trumpter did and the front turn signals are the current DOT approved type of assembles.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#9: Re: First Styrker kit? Author: Burik PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:39 pm
    ----
This kit is very, very good. Only things I see that are an issue are the strut guards seem to be the pre-production type. But the RWS looks great, the lights are clear lenses, the DVE is in the correct position, and there are some other little details that are better. The jerrycans look great too.

But, just like the Trumpeter kit there is no non-slip coating, but this can be added if you feel like.

Bob

-> AFV News Discussion Board