Help Again, PLEASE With display issues
-> FSX

#1: Help Again, PLEASE With display issues Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:48 am
    ----
Sorry to bring this up again.
Sometime ago somebody posted a post where his 747-400 wings displayed double on outside view and window view.

I simply don't remember who posted this with a solution to the issue which is happening to me now.

can anyone guide me in the right direction?

#2: Re: Help Again, PLEASE With display issues Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:54 am
    ----
It had to do with turning off advanced animations in the graphic settings, if I remember right.

#3: Re: Help Again, PLEASE With display issues Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:44 pm
    ----
Smile Hey Stoopy: Thanks!
This seems to only happen in MISSIONS, Right?

#4: Re: Help Again, PLEASE With display issues Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:02 pm
    ----
Your welcome, but it beats me if it's just missions or what.....I thought it was any time the wings flexed.

Good luck!

#5: Re: Help Again, PLEASE With display issues Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:44 pm
    ----
I loaded a mission with the 747-400 and on approach I noticed the double wings, humph!
So I decided to check my drivers, they're ok; then I loaded a Free Flight with it and no more double wings??? I beats me too

#6: Re: Help Again, PLEASE With display issues Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:28 pm
    ----
Smile Wink Stoopy That did the trick, Unchecking the "Advanced Animations" I had forgotten and I had reinstalled the sim, ran into some issues with an add-on. Noe I am attempting to land the 747-400 in the middle of Monsoon season mission, JUST CRASHED Crying or Very sad Well: Thanks for coming to my aid Laughing

#7: Re: Help Again, PLEASE With display issues Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:10 pm
    ----
You're certainly welcome, berlopez, and I'm glad I could help...but it was nothing, really.

And frankly I'd like to go on record to state that I don't believe that a biplane configuration for airliners would be a BAD thing anyway. It seems to have worked pretty well back in the twenties when aeroplanes started to carry people around for money, and the extra wing surface means faster rates of climb to altitude and extra payload capability. It's not like those Airbus and Boeing tubeliners go supersonic or anything, either.

#8: Re: Help Again, PLEASE With display issues Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:35 pm
    ----
Thanks Stoopy: There is always something with this simulator I wonder if we'll ever tame it, if it's not one thing is the other. Not even SUPER Computers help. it too much ahead of it's time; WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?????? Mad I get sometimes so frustrated specially with graphics and settings and need lesse to mention the loading bar,Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong. I know is the capacity of my puter.But it's a test of patients. Thanks for your help and feedback

#9: Re: Help Again, PLEASE With display issues Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:20 am
    ----
Wellllll...........

My opinion only: Discussions and opinions about "supercomputers", Cray systems, bloated code (in the opinions of those who haven't SEEN the code) VISTA and FSX, etc. are a dime a dozen on the internet right now and are really killing the mood of some places. Man, I'd hate to see that mood take over here....although yes, I'm flying it right alongside you, on systems we both owned long before it's release - and am not blind to the fact it has steep requirements, and a performance patch on the way. I mean, it's not like it doesn't work, right?

But I can't quite get over the amount of unnecessary stress out there over it. Maybe I've been flying sims a long time (since FS3 right before FS4 came out) and just got used to landing the learjet at 2 FPS on the Commodore 64, and then a whopping 5 FPS on the Amiga. But I'm not alone in that respect and still some of the old-schoolers are griping. Maybe my eyes and fingertips have become calloused by always expecting low FPS on a new sim.....whether it was Red Baron and Chuck Yeager's Air Combat on my old 286, CFS1 and FS95 on my old 486, CFS2 and FS2000 on my old Pentium 2-166, CFS3 and FS2004 on my old Dell P4-1.8Ghz, whatever it may be.

It's a new sim and departs from the old ones in ways it really needs to in my opinion. Some if the features are things we could have used long ago. For instance, I made a mistake in this last Sunday flight and loaded a setup that gave beautiful graphics during the flight over open country but killed my FPS over the city on landing, BAD, and still made it onto the runway with no problem.,...and I remember thinking how I was dumb not to just load in a lower-quality "batch" of slider settings on final approach.....I mean, the fact that we can save and load a complete graphic/animation/sound/AI setup group in one file, based on the situation, is really really cool and goes a long ways toward living with it all. At least I think so.

Maybe it's because in the old days, landing that Cessna 172 with the keyboard at Meigs field on a black-and-white 720 x 350 Hercules graphics adapter in the old 8086 IBM PC/XT was just.....so....frikkin' MAGIC! You know?

And these days we have cell phones that play MP3 songs and blackberries with color games to play in the airport, and we're so surrounded by magic that we take it for granted and forget all about the magic we get out of this stuff in the first place.

I hear what you're saying but I just felt like "soapboxing" for a minute, because when we loose our perspective on the magic, man, that's a sad day, and honestly I'm still having too much fun to let it happen.

So, chin up! No matter what the 'experts' say about Moore's Law being dead and all that stuff, new and better hardware will come.....it always does, my beloved old unbeatable Amiga 1000 is evidence enough of that......and it always falls in price after 6 months too! Laughing

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: Help Again, PLEASE With display issues Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:27 am
    ----
Stoopy! You let me speechless! What poetry; And how right you are!

Yes, I too, remember those days back in the early 80's watching my brother, he's the comp. freak in the family build a set up of an old Commodore 64, teaching me which keys to press and what not to touch. wires hung out off its' sides (I thought these were for Extra power) Didn't understand anything about RAM,Ghz,Mhz;pot or Graphic cards and all that, and as you say FPS, what was that? I was so exiting just to see Miegs Field in the distance; That thinking of becoming more demanding in those days was unconcivable Laughing Today all we have to do is move some sliders, yes in those days we had to get into DOS and make the changes there I think? That why this guys really know what they are doing.

Thanks for some very encouraging words, These must be very inspirational to anyone who reads this Wink

#11: Re: Help Again, PLEASE With display issues Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:40 am
    ----
Well you just sounded like you could have used some cheering up Wink

#12: Re: Help Again, PLEASE With display issues Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:18 pm
    ----
- berlopez
wires hung out off its' sides (I thought these were for Extra power)

ROFL...shhhh! Don't tell Stoopy, he still thinks that's what they're for...lol

Yep, I can remember flying a 'sim' on a 286 that came on 1 floppy! Sure makes you appreciate the sims of today, even with the glitches...

#13: Re: Help Again, PLEASE With display issues Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:44 pm
    ----
Nawww, I know better than that, they're spare leads for the oscilloscope connections!

#14: Re: Help Again, PLEASE With display issues Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:12 pm
    ----
Hi, you guys, maybe this is usefull. I've been experimenting (NO! Not with the wires Twisted Evil ) Sometime ago I posted a "A New Guide" Which a good simmer friend had sent me, I think I posted it under the same title. Well There is a section describing how to twick performance and all that, The relative line reads changes in the FSX.cfg [BufferPools]
Poolsize=5000000 (Follow the short instruction) The line didn't exist in my .cfg so I added it at the end. I may still need some more tweaking to be perfect (Even a higher value)

Well I added this line to the .cfg and it really improved my FPS In Built up areas, both v/c And Outside views improved dramatically, at least on my system. I think we're onto something here

-> FSX