Boresight Stuart Special and an AMPS Challenge
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Boresight Stuart Special and an AMPS Challenge Author: tankmodelerLocation: Ontario PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:33 am
    ----
The Stuart Special will be going in the mail tomorrow. I talked to our postmaster and the labels are already on the envelopes, so it won't be long before it's on your doorstep.

Now, I've already started to put together the next Boresight, but I'm going to throw down a challenge for after that. Seeing how well the Allied guys did on supporting the Stuart Special, I challenge those with an interest in Axis stuff to provide enough articles for an Axis special. I would love to do one on the PzKw IV as I think there are a lot of kits available and not enough attention has been paid to this workhorse of the Wehrmacht. So, come on all you SGFs, let your fingers do the walking over your keyboards and send me articles on the Pz IV. If I get enough material soon eneough, it can be the issue that comes out just before the National Convention in April! I need about six 4-page articles to make up a Special, so lets see what you guys can produce. Otherwise, I'll have to get the Allied guys to put together a Sherman issue and embarass you! Smile

Email articles to me at:

tankmodeler@rogersdotcom (replace the "dot" with ".")

Articles can be in .txt, Word or Wordperfect formats. Photos should be at least 200 DPI or higher and can be colour or B&W. No copyrighted material, please, unless you hold the copyright.

Let the challenge, begin!

Paul

Paul Roberts
President, AMPS
Editor, Boresight
www.amps-armor.org

#2: Re: Boresight Stuart Special and an AMPS Challenge Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:56 am
    ----
Why would an Allied issue have to be about the Sherman? Shocked What about the Churchill, Matilda, or Crusader. What abot the T-34 or KV-1?

Can y'all only think about Shermans? Gee if it aint a Tiger it must be a Sherman Laughing Laughing Laughing

#3: Re: Boresight Stuart Special and an AMPS Challenge Author: tankmodelerLocation: Ontario PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:33 pm
    ----
Bob,

Shhh, Shhh, keep it down! I'm tryin' to get the Axis guys dander up and "reverse psychology" them into writing articles.

Of course, we can have a Special issue about the Churchill and maybe beat the Axis guys to the punch!

But don't tell them. It might ruin my cunning plan....

Smile

Paul (I have a cunning plan) Roberts

-> AFV News Discussion Board