Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:39 pm
    ----
Some tanks to identify, post-WW2 tanks are not my cup of tea :

http://henk.fox3000.com/saumur/107.jpg

(The tank hull on the left)

(The Bridgelayer ans the Russian one)

http://henk.fox3000.com/saumur/103.jpg

(The three ones on the foreground)

http://henk.fox3000.com/saumur/105.jpg

Another view

http://henk.fox3000.com/saumur/106.jpg

(The yellow tank on the right)

(The one on the foreground)

(The three on this photo)

(This one, probably not the last)

Thanks

P-O

#2: Re: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:20 pm
    ----
- the_shadock

M60 based AVLB and Russian made T55

Russian made BTR 50 (left) and French AMX 13

#3: Re: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:51 pm
    ----
Thanks Don,

more vehicles :

Are the 2 vehicles on the background both M32 HVSS Recovery tanks?

What's this bridgelayer, whom we can only see a bit on the right?

P-O

#4: Re: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:00 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
Thanks Don,

more vehicles :

Swedish STRV 74

www.the-swede.com/STRV74_01.htm

Neil

#5: Re: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:05 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
Thanks Don,

more vehicles :

What's this bridgelayer, whom we can only see a bit on the right?

P-O

Check this out...

Edit Note: The M32 is actually an M31 ARV.... my mistake.

Don

#6: Re: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:10 pm
    ----
I dont see a gun in your picture, but could this be the same M32?

Neil

#7: Re: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:15 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
I dont see a gun in your picture, but could this be the same M32?

Neil

No, they are two different ones. I have seen a bunch of photos published on Tanxheaven , which were taken the same day, this one with the gun was inside, and the one without the gun was outside.

P-O

#8: Re: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:23 pm
    ----
Don, thanks once more

P-O

#9: Re: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:58 pm
    ----
Here is the M31 ARV, at the Patton Museum.....

...And the M32 ARV....

Don

#10: Re: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:01 am
    ----
Okay, I knew I had the M31 & M32 mixed up. I think the one in the Saumur picture is an M31...

Neil

#11: Re: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:20 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Okay, I knew I had the M31 & M32 mixed up. I think the one in the Saumur picture is an M31...

Neil

No sweat Neil. I made a 'boo-boo' also.... Tried to make the correction, before someone nailed me on it....

Notice the track on the two Samur M31's. The 'depot' vehicle has pure steel track but the display M31 has rubberized track.

Don

#12: Re: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:09 pm
    ----
- Dontos

...And the M32 ARV....

Is that an M32B1 or an M32A1B1?

The track guys may have to figure that one out as tracklinks all look the same to me

Cool

#13: Re: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:39 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

- Dontos
- the_shadock

M60 based AVLB and Russian made T55

I think I can see a dome for the turret fan on the top of that Soviet tank. If that is correct, I think that would make that vehicle a T-54 rather that a 55.

On the ALVB, while it is hard to see the front of the hull to make sure which vehicle it is, I think the front fenders would make that a M48 rather than a M60 which had rounded fenders.

My confuzed guessing.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#14: Re: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:56 pm
    ----
According to the Patton Museum website & Armor for the Ages its an M32A1B1.

Neil

#15: Re: Some tanks to identify, stored at Saumur Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:19 pm
    ----
As it appears that the links on the first post don't work, here are the pictures I tried to show you :

I can see 5 vehicles on the 2 photos, including an M47 Patton. What are the 4 other vehicles? (maybe you should see if it's an M48 or M60 bridge layer.)

What's the sand painted tank on the middle-right and the small armoured car on the right?

What's this tank hull on the left?

Also this one remains unidentified..

What's the big vehicle behind the AMX-13? (the green one, not the BTR-50)

Thanks in advance

Pierre-Olivier

-> AFV News Discussion Board