Philippine Armor pictures
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Philippine Armor pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:39 pm
    ----
Here are some out of the way armor pictures from my trips to the Philippines, the ID's might be correct, right click and save to see ID. please feel free to correct.......

Philippine Military Academy, Baguio, Luzon, Philippines

Public Park, Lingayen Gulf, Luzon, Philippines

Military Museum at Capas, Luzon, Philippines

Philippine Veterans Museum, Manila, Philippines

Fort Hughes, Caballo Island, Philippines
This is the remains of a Sherman on the beach at Fort Hughes, Fort Hughes is located very close to Corregidor

#2: Re: Philippine Armor pictures Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:13 am
    ----
Great pictures, especially like the Sherman on the beach. I'm heading to the Philippines myself later this year, will have to stop and visit some of those places, job willing of course!

Thanks

#3: Re: Philippine Armor pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:09 am
    ----
JG, make a point of going to Corregidor, read up a little on the battle first. It's a very interresting place.

#4: Re: Philippine Armor pictures Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:28 pm
    ----
Thanks for the advice, will do that for sure!

#5: Re: Philippine Armor pictures Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:43 pm
    ----
What kind of armament was on this Commando?

#6: Re: Philippine Armor pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:44 pm
    ----
Corregidor by Belote is probably the best single book to read...

Doug, sorry i'm no help. i'm usually lost on anything past WWII, but I am learning lots form you all. I'm a "if it doesn't have a propeller how can it fly" person. some of the guys in here will know........

#7: Re: Philippine Armor pictures Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:53 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
What kind of armament was on this Commando?

I would guess that it's a 50 Cal. I think those are 2 rows of 3 smoke launchers on each side of the turret.

But I'm only guessing

#8: Re: Philippine Armor pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:24 pm
    ----
6 smoke launchers on each side of the turret. total of 12. i can see them on the original picture.....I wasn't sure that is what they were....

#9: Re: Philippine Armor pictures Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:19 pm
    ----
Well, they were serious about their smoke! .50 for the turret? Pretty big for an older Commando.

#10: Re: Philippine Armor pictures Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:00 am
    ----
I'm guessing based on the barrel I see sticking out. I seem to remember the Commando offering twin .30s as one option and a .50 as another.

But then I could be remembering it wrong

-> AFV News Discussion Board