Some Leclerc pics from my first trip to Paris (2001)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Some Leclerc pics from my first trip to Paris (2001) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:57 pm
    ----
I just stumbled upon these old pics, taken with an old camera, that I thought I had lost in a hard-drive crash...

My first trip to Paris, covering the airshow, in 2001 - I discovered the French army was doing a public display near the Ecole Militaire... The crew didnt seem to care, let alone mind, if I took interior pics...

Gunner position?

TC position?

And me in the TC position Wink

Oh yeah, and a line of VBLs...

Neil

#2: Re: Some Leclerc pics from my first trip to Paris (2001) Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:48 pm
    ----
Wow! Pretty cool. Thanks.

#3: Re: Some Leclerc pics from my first trip to Paris (2001) Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:55 pm
    ----
I look at it and I look at it but I STILL can't fathom Leclerc's turret shape. I swear they threw in extra steps & bumps & projections simply in an attempt to make the turret look cool! There doesn't seem to be any *logical* reason for that thing's peculiar shape.

#4: Re: Some Leclerc pics from my first trip to Paris (2001) Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:43 pm
    ----
Neil interesting photos, also nice to have a face to go with the name
Dennis

#5: Re: Some Leclerc pics from my first trip to Paris (2001) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:51 pm
    ----
Yeah, I was a little younger then...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board